Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Thumbnails

Thumbnails
zoopsia215
Forum Regular
Jan 28, 2001, 10:30 PM

Is there a way to have larger thumbnails in Mac OS 9.1?

I want to be able to have them without doing a contact sheet from Photoshop or having an application open.

Allah
Forum Regular
Jan 31, 2001, 12:38 AM

I seem not to know precicly what you mean by "thumbnails" in 9.1. Where are these displayed?
Carp� Bandwidth

zoopsia215  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 31, 2001, 10:44 AM

Well, in the finder windows you have a choice between lists, buttons and icons. Ahhh! Details, details! I meant icons and not thumbnails. Anyway, I was looking for a way to be able view the icons larger, i.e. OSX icon size in OS 9.1....Thanks!

Joey
Jan 31, 2001, 01:56 PM

There may be a third-party app I'm not aware of, but nothing from Apple will make the icons larger than 32x32 in Classic MacOS.

Allah
Forum Regular
Jan 31, 2001, 10:22 PM

Well, when veiwing as Buttons the icon size is 64x64 with a 32x32 icon centered on an expanse of nicely molded grey. SO like Joey said (to paraphrase) the OS itself won't show an icon bigger that 32x32.
Perhaps there is a ResEdit guru out there who knows how to make the Classic OS "Stretch" an icon to fill the button view.
Carp� Bandwidth

Forum Links
Forum Rules