Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Here's ONE Iraqi Who Wants to Set The Record Straight

Here's ONE Iraqi Who Wants to Set The Record Straight
aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2004, 10:10 PM

Here are a couple of blog entries from an Iraqi doctor.
http://iraqataglance.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, September 07, 2004
A debate with Abu Mohaimen _

Hi friends, I came back today, it was so boring trip to Baghdad since I had to keep looking to the right all the time, cause as I turn left I see that man who was beside me, he was looking for something in his nose! He spent hours keeping his finger twisting in both holes! Disgusting, isn�t it??

However, let�s forget that man and let me talk about the debate with Abu Mohaimen, a medical assistant there in Basra:
Abu Moh. was anti-American, but I realized that he was thinking as pro and anti in the same time, but he couldn�t be completely with the United Sates policy, you know, the media and religious leaders still work.

We started our debate regarding the chaos that happened in AlNajaf and criticizing and mocking Muqtada, then he said: ��but America wants this chaos to continue, they do not want peace in Iraq..and�.�

I said interruptedly �why?.. what for?�
Abu Moh.: � they don�t care for that�
A (for AYS): � but they care to complete the American plan in the middle east..right?�
Abu Moh.: � Yes.�
A: �so they have to care about the security in Iraq as a part of the plan, right?�
He nodded and said: �ehh..so why they don�t care for all the chaos here in Iraq and continue bombing the cities�
A: �and who told you that they don�t care for that and I recommend that you change the channels you used to watch, cause all of them are biased, for me I like AlHurra channel, it�s so fair�

Then I wanted to know his opinion regarding Iran and whether Iranian regime want our country to be safe and secure or not, so I said: � and Iran continues their mean operations in Iraq and against Iraqis�

He replied enthusiastically: �Yes..doctor..those Iranians won�t give up their habit, they are supporting Muqtada with fighters, arms and money to keep the unstable situation in Iraq and let it distribute all over the country�

I admired his thought when he said that and felt that he�s started to use his brain properly! So I asked him cunningly!: �why they are doing that..�

Abu Moh. : � they don�t want Iraq to be secure in order to foil the American plans here to make the world say �look at Iraq, they destroyed it�, and so keep the Americans away from them and stay in power so they are afraid of Iraq now, cause if Iraq becomes safe and prosperous, Iranian regime will be the next��
!!

If we join Abu Mohaimen�s opinions together, the result will be: < Americans want the chaos to continue in order to frustrate their plan>!!!

In fact there are many like Abu Mohaimen, I noticed those different confusing viewpoints from many Iraqis, I can say that some Iraqis complain from a sort of �Paranoid personality� characterized by the suspicion, awareness and feeling that they are always targeted, all of that because of the ex-regime, oppression is the main cause.

Some Iraqis now are torn; they can�t decide who�s the friend and who�s the enemy, so they mix the facts without knowing that..it�s kind of psychological conflict which will end in a calm environment, i.e, when Iraq becomes safe.

# posted by ays @ 12:22 AM Comments (33) | Trackback (1)

Monday, September 06, 2004

My God..what a great news..at last the Iraqi people got out to the streets of AlNajaf in a demonstration against Muqtada, they want him to get out of the city and also do not want any one of his followers to pray there..

They were cursing his militia, courts and they looked so angry..
AlHurra channel met few of them who said �we don�t want him..they are thieves�

The people were repeating words that support the ING and IP and wanted the government to put an end to what they called �a disgrace� and �crimes� that happened in AlNajaf especially the courts of Muqtada..

Let the world know the real Iraqi people, the people who look for peace and justice, security , freedom and democracy..not those criminals who are shown on the channels kidnapping and killing the innocents in the name of �resistance and Islam��there is NO �resistance� in Iraq, there are AlQaida, Saddamis, Arabs and criminals who are destroying our country and the MNF, ING, IP and the IRAQI PEOPLE are fighting them�.
OK?

OK, Mrs. S!

Consider these posts as my way of introducing you to yourself.

Proud "SMACKDOWN!!" and "Golden Troll" Award Winner.

zachs
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2004, 10:20 PM

Here's another:

Liar, Liar...
I was channel-surfing yesterday evening- trying to find something interesting to watch. I flipped vaguely to Al-Arabia and Bush's inane smile suddenly flashed across the screen. Now, normally, as soon as I see his face, I instantly change channels and try to find something that doesn't make me quite as angry. This time, I stopped to watch as Allawi's pudgy person came into view. It's always quite a scene- Bush with one of the alledged leaders of the New Iraq.

I prepared myself for several minutes of nausea as Bush began speaking. He irritates me like no one else can. Imagine long nails across a chalk board, Styrofoam being rubbed in hands, shrieking babies, barking dogs, grinding teeth, dripping faucets, honking horns � all together, all at once � and you will imagine the impact his voice has on my ears.

I sat listening, trying not to focus too much on his face, but rather on the garbage he was reiterating for at least the thousandth time since the war. I don't usually talk back to the television, but I really can't help myself when Bush is onscreen. I sit there talking back to him- calling him a liar, calling him an idiot, wondering how exactly he got so far and how they're allowing him to run for re-election. E. sat next to me on the couch, peeved, "Why are we even watching this?!" He made a jump for the remote control (which I clutch to shake at the television to emphasize particular points)- a brief struggle ensued and Riverbend came out victorious.

You know things are really going downhill in Iraq, when the Bush speech-writers have to recycle his old speeches. Listening to him yesterday, one might think he was simply copying and pasting bits and pieces from the older stuff. My favorite part was when he claimed, "Electricity has been restored above pre-war levels..." Even E. had to laugh at that one. A few days ago, most of Baghdad was in the dark for over 24 hours and lately, on our better days, we get about 12 hours of electricity. Bush got it wrong (or Allawi explained it to incorrectly)- the electricity is drastically less than pre-war levels, but the electricity BILL is way above pre-war levels. Congratulations Iraqis on THAT!! Our electricity bill was painful last month. Before the war, Iraqis might pay an average of around 5,000 Iraqi Dinars a month for electricity (the equivalent back then of $2.50) - summer or winter. Now, it's quite common to get bills above 70,000 Iraqi Dinars... for half-time electricity.

After Bush finished his piece about the glamorous changes in Iraq, Allawi got his turn. I can't seem to decide what is worse- when Bush speaks in the name of Iraqi people, or when Allawi does. Yesterday's speech was particularly embarrassing. He stood there groveling in front of the congress- thanking them for the war, the occupation and the thousands of Iraqi lives lost... and he did it all on behalf of the Iraqi people. It was infuriating and for maybe the hundredth time this year, I felt rage. Yet another exile thanking the Bush administration for the catastrophe we're trying to cope with. Our politicians are outside of the country 90% of the time (by the way, if anyone has any news of our president Ghazi Ajeel Al Yawir, do let us know- where was he last seen or heard?), the security situation is a joke, the press are shutting down and pulling out and our beloved exiles are painting rosey pictures for the American public- you know- so everyone who voted for Bush can sleep at night.

Allawi actually said "thank you" nine times. Nine times. It really should have been more- at least double that number of Iraqis died yesterday... and about five times that number the day before. Looking back on the last month alone, over 350 Iraqis have been killed either by American air strikes, fighting, or bombs... only 9 thank yous?

The elections are already a standard joke. There's talk of holding elections only in certain places where it will be 'safe' to hold them. One wonders what exactly comprises 'safe' in Iraq today. Does 'safe' mean the provinces that are seeing fewer attacks on American troops? Or does 'safe' mean the areas where the abduction of foreigners isn't occurring? Or could 'safe' mean the areas that *won't* vote for an Islamic republic and *will* vote for Allawi? Who will be allowed to choose these places? Right now, Baghdad is quite unsafe. We see daily abductions, killings, bombings and Al-Sadr City, slums of Baghdad, see air strikes... will they hold elections in Baghdad? Imagine, Bush being allowed to hold elections in 'safe' areas- like Texas and Florida.

The hostage situations are terrible. Everyone is wondering and conjecturing about the Italian hostages. Are they really dead? Is it possible? Seeing the family of the British hostage on TV is quite painful. I wonder if they'll forever hate Iraqis after this. I saw the plea the made on CNN, asking the abductors to be merciful. Dozens of Iraqis are abducted daily and no one really knows who is behind it. Some blame it on certain Islamic groups, others on certain political groups- like Chalabi's, for example. It's hardly shocking, considering our own PM, Allawi, was, by his own admission, responsible for bombings and assassinations inside of Iraq- there is some interesting information here.
http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/

aberdeenwriter  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2004, 10:59 PM

Originally posted by zachs:
Here's another:
The hostage situations are terrible. Everyone is wondering and conjecturing about the Italian hostages. Are they really dead? Is it possible? Seeing the family of the British hostage on TV is quite painful. I wonder if they'll forever hate Iraqis after this. I saw the plea the made on CNN, asking the abductors to be merciful. Dozens of Iraqis are abducted daily and no one really knows who is behind it. Some blame it on certain Islamic groups, others on certain political groups- like Chalabi's, for example. It's hardly shocking, considering our own PM, Allawi, was, by his own admission, responsible for bombings and assassinations inside of Iraq- there is some interesting information here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I noticed those different confusing viewpoints from many Iraqis, I can say that some Iraqis complain from a sort of �Paranoid personality� characterized by the suspicion, awareness and feeling that they are always targeted, all of that because of the ex-regime, oppression is the main cause.

Some Iraqis now are torn; they can�t decide who�s the friend and who�s the enemy, so they mix the facts without knowing that..it�s kind of psychological conflict which will end in a calm environment, i.e, when Iraq becomes safe.

Let the world know the real Iraqi people, the people who look for peace and justice, security , freedom and democracy..not those criminals who are shown on the channels kidnapping and killing the innocents in the name of �resistance and Islam��there is NO �resistance� in Iraq, there are AlQaida, Saddamis, Arabs and criminals who are destroying our country and the MNF, ING, IP and the IRAQI PEOPLE are fighting them�.
OK?"
Consider these posts as my way of introducing you to yourself.

Proud "SMACKDOWN!!" and "Golden Troll" Award Winner.

Forum Links
Forum Rules