Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > WTF...this is bs

WTF...this is bs
shakai
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 11, 2006, 05:54 AM

i've just got my 15' powerbook a week ago...now they're coming out with a new one???i thought they said that the new powerbook won't come out til 2007 or something...do u guys think i can do anything about it like return it or something???btw...i bought it online thru apple.ca

Paco Loco
Forum Regular
Jan 11, 2006, 05:59 AM

They have not updated the PowerBooks for ages, they were long overdue for a refresh. Bad luck - that's the way it goes.

inkhead
Senior User
Jan 11, 2006, 06:40 AM

Shakai, why the hell would you buy a powerbook right before macworld? That's a pretty stupid thing to do, you should return it.

andrewgf
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 11, 2006, 07:04 AM

My understanding is tha Apple have a return policy if the computer you buy is superceded. There may be a restocking fee.

Thats what some people have done with recent Imac G5 purchases.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 11, 2006, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Paco Loco
They have not updated the PowerBooks for ages, they were long overdue for a refresh. Bad luck - that's the way it goes.
Uhhhh, let's see....the last updates to the 15" PowerBooks were in November, less than two months ago. I fail to see how that qualifies as "ages"....
MacBook Pro 15" -- 2.2Ghz, 4GB, 200GB 7200rpm
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 11, 2006, 07:58 AM

updates does not equal refresh, unfortunately.
MBP 15" C2D 2.2GHz 4.0GB 500GB@5400
iPhone 4 32GB Black

acadian
Senior User
Jan 11, 2006, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by shakai
i've just got my 15' powerbook a week ago...now they're coming out with a new one???i thought they said that the new powerbook won't come out til 2007 or something...do u guys think i can do anything about it like return it or something???btw...i bought it online thru apple.ca
Every update, every refresh, there is someone who whines about just having bought a new book...blah...blah...blah. As if the company is going to stop selling computers in any given timeframe before an intended update. Consumers have a responsibility to make the decision to purchase a product based on their own needs, companies do not force anyone to but at any time.
people ruin everything....

himself
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2006, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by shakai
yeah, I know that this is a tough situation to be in, but the timing was bad on your part. I mean, come on... you don't really expect Apple (or any hardware manufacturer, for that matter) to adjust their release schedules to when some random individual decides to make a purchase, do you? If that were the case, we'd still be using 33Mhz Powerbook Duos.
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

inkhead
Senior User
Jan 11, 2006, 09:30 AM

Gee, you buy a powerbook before macworld, and event where apple always releases new hardware, and you get mad. You knew macworld was coming, so why couldn't you wait to buy new hardware, stop your whining. seriously. It's your own damn fault. you could have waited to see what was coming down the pipe.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jan 11, 2006, 09:39 AM

Use the Official Thread.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules