Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > [WTB] PowerBook 15" 1.25, 1.5 or 1.67 logic board

[WTB] PowerBook 15" 1.25, 1.5 or 1.67 logic board
zoink!
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 20, 2006, 07:14 PM

My video board crapped out so I need a new logic board, according to the local Apple dealer (I'm out of warranty). Unless of course any of you know how to repair the video board? I have lots of both vertical and horizontal lines making it impossible to see what's on screen. Plugging in an external monitor gives me the same lines.

Also, would anyone know if I could use a faster processor board, such as the 1.5 or even the 1.67 in my PB 1.25 gHz?

Thanks!
( Last edited by zoink!; Oct 20, 2006 at 07:16 PM. Reason: added "out of warranty")

chipchen
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2006, 09:08 PM

how much would you pay for such a board? Or rather, repair? I might have one... (1.25)

zoink!  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 20, 2006, 09:35 PM

As little as I have to! I'm not real happy about putting more money into this PB cuz I'd rather have a 17" duo core. But I can't really sell it or trade it for very much broken, so...

What kind of price do YOU have in mind?

chipchen
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2006, 01:54 AM

What were you quoted for a repair?

zoink!  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 21, 2006, 08:13 PM

Around 900 Euros... but I'm not even going there! Opening my powerbook and installing it myself is no problem for me, and I don't mind a used board, as long as it is fully functional. I've bid on a couple of boards on eBay and narrowly missed them by $4 each time. They both went for a little over $200. Is that a reasonable price range for your board?

But what I am still curious about is if I can fix (or get fixed) the video board part. It seems such a waste to throw away a whole board for a bad small component.

chipchen
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2006, 08:51 PM

where are you located?

and no, you can't just repair the video... it's part of the logic board. would you send me your logic board in exchange?

zoink!  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2006, 01:54 PM

I'm in Italy. Where are you?

And certainly, I would send you my logic board. I could pay to ship it to you if you pay to ship yours to me. Sound fair? Is yours new or used? Guaranteed to work? What's the specs? Is it the standard 1.25 board?

Would you take $200 through PayPal?

zoink!  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2006, 04:28 PM

chipchen... are you there? I responded to your PM...

Can we get this moving along a little? I have been without my PB for about a month now and it is REAL inconvenient. I am starting to shake and drool and stuff. You know how it goes when we don't have our daily fix, don't you?

Forum Links
Forum Rules