Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Gay roommates

Gay roommates (Page 5)
Ratm
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2006, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by ambush
My girlfriend and I......\
Can't relate—I'm koo so everyone luvs me.

Serious tho... they're probably private people and are cautious about who they choose to socialize with....

Just got a new roommate today and I really don't have any desire to become buddies with... hope she doesn't take it like you two but if so, oh well.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 3, 2006, 02:21 AM

My girlfriend and I found the coolest appartment (in colocation) in Paris. It's in Montmartre, the building is beautiful and chic, the appt itself is perfect, everything is in good condition, etc. the price was also convincing. And the roommates looked like cool, young persons.

It's been a week now.

And we have yet to spend more than 5 minutes talking to the roommates.

They are gay and for that reason, they have NO interest whatsoever in straight persons. It really sucks. We tried to speak to them, but they really don't want to speak to us. It's ****ing annoying. We're also stoners (I told them). I even asked them where I could get some weed, but they never helped us (how low is that?)

It's my first co-location. I thought roommates should know eachothers and that friendship would easily develop (come on, one guy is a mac user, we pretty much have the same age and the same interests/opinion.)

But since we're not homosexual, they are just ignoring us. And it's making our stay pretty... annoying.
Ya I know a few gay guys that are totally anti straight, I dont get it personally. But I think its prob more to do with you being a stonner then straight and French Canadian too, for some reason the French seem to be colder towards French Canadians.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jul 3, 2006, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Athens
Ya I know a few gay guys that are totally anti straight, I dont get it personally. But I think its prob more to do with you being a stonner then straight and French Canadian too, for some reason the French seem to be colder towards French Canadians.
a bit late to the game, "eh?"

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 3, 2006, 06:09 AM

haven't been around much these days
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jul 6, 2006, 07:13 AM

Man... Italy VS France... we're going to sell less, I bet

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Jul 6, 2006, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Athens
for some reason the French seem to be colder towards French Canadians.
Because they hate them for raping the language.

"Hello, what have we here?

Monique
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2006, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Landos Mustache
Because they hate them for raping the language.
It is not a language thing, but an attitude thing, the Quebecois think they know better, that the way they do and think and the only way; they will bring this with them. When I went to France I read a lot to know what I was supposed to do, like when you go to a boutique you say Bonjour Madame, Bonjour Monsieur, etc. Not in Quebec, you enter a place with a lousy attitude, the staff has a lousy attitude, etc.

An example of this was the language police minister Lise Beaudoin was telling the French air controller that they would have to speak French; well there are 3 reasons the French laugh at her, 1, it is dangerous, 2 it is none of her business, 3, the pilots only speak English with the Controllers because it is an easy language to speak and everybody speak it.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2006, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Monique
It is not a language thing, but an attitude thing, the Quebecois think they know better, that the way they do and think and the only way; they will bring this with them. When I went to France I read a lot to know what I was supposed to do, like when you go to a boutique you say Bonjour Madame, Bonjour Monsieur, etc. Not in Quebec, you enter a place with a lousy attitude, the staff has a lousy attitude, etc.

Ok well in this case I believe you.

Incidentally the Quebecois rotten attitude is why the rest of Canada doesn't like em either.

Monique
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2006, 11:33 AM

Ok well in this case I believe you.

Incidentally the Quebecois rotten attitude is why the rest of Canada doesn't like em either.
I know what you are talking about. I always had some difficulties talking, it is not of my fault, I made a lot of efforts through the years to learn to speak more clearly and it is very hard and hurtful for me when people make comments; in English Canada I am a foreigner, even though they can understand me they tell me to go back to my country, and when I am in Quebec I have the same type of comments. Like last summer one man said with disdain are you English, it is not like he did not understand what I was saying, or that my accent is totally awful, but it is the attitude behind it that annoys me.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2006, 11:37 AM

I know what you are talking about. I always had some difficulties talking, it is not of my fault, I made a lot of efforts through the years to learn to speak more clearly and it is very hard and hurtful for me when people make comments; in English Canada I am a foreigner, even though they can understand me they tell me to go back to my country, and when I am in Quebec I have the same type of comments. Like last summer one man said with disdain are you English, it is not like he did not understand what I was saying, or that my accent is totally awful, but it is the attitude behind it that annoys me.
Huh? I didn't say anything about the way you talk?

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2006, 11:48 AM

I was going to. Maybe she preempted it.

Monique
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2006, 11:51 AM

I am not making comments about you, but about the people in Quebec.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jul 6, 2006, 12:16 PM

Try visiting NYC with a Southern accent.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 6, 2006, 03:02 PM

Accents aren't as important as demeanor. If you are polite, diplomatic, and avoid colloquialisms, then most likely you will have a pleasant experience abroad.

Also, if you look and act like a careless or sloppy foreigner, your stereotype will precede you. For instance, if you're an American or Canadian visiting London, and if you walk around wearing a ski parka, some sort of bag, and bright tennis shoes, people will just think you're a vulgar country dumpling.

Likewise, Englishmen visiting the US may not be trusted if they show up in a restaurant decked out in soccer clothes and black leather shoes with socks (as is all too often the case).

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jul 6, 2006, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
Likewise, Englishmen visiting the US may not be trusted if they show up in a restaurant decked out in soccer clothes and black leather shoes with socks (as is all too often the case).
Whoa...

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jul 6, 2006, 07:30 PM

An example of this was the language police minister Lise Beaudoin was telling the French air controller that they would have to speak French; well there are 3 reasons the French laugh at her, 1, it is dangerous, 2 it is none of her business, 3, the pilots only speak English with the Controllers because it is an easy language to speak and everybody speak it.
My only recommendation to you is to shut your mouth; you've made a complete fool of yourself. Not only have you lost every inch of credibility you had (that's not saying a lot, but still) by literally adopting the language of a 50-something menopaused midlifecrisis mégère, but you've managed to do it in a way that makes us question your mental well-being quite seriously.

Get out of wherever you might be, get some fresh air. Heck, get a VISA card and come here with your newly acquired credit, we'll discuss around a glass of wine and you'll finally be able to chill out.

Also, you sound like you have quite a few unconscious issues about your birthplace; I recommend that you see a psychanalist for that.

Kevin
Baninated
Jul 6, 2006, 07:39 PM

My only recommendation to you is to shut your mouth; you've made a complete fool of yourself. Not only have you lost every inch of credibility you had (that's not saying a lot, but still) by literally adopting the language of a 50-something menopaused midlifecrisis mégère, but you've managed to do it in a way that makes us question your mental well-being quite seriously.

Get out of wherever you might be, get some fresh air. Heck, get a VISA card and come here with your newly acquired credit, we'll discuss around a glass of wine and you'll finally be able to chill out.

Also, you sound like you have quite a few unconscious issues about your birthplace; I recommend that you see a psychanalist for that.
Well your post was no better than hers. Maybe you should go with?

Get a 2-fer

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jul 7, 2006, 05:50 AM

I like that new sig of yours man.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jul 7, 2006, 06:06 AM

So, nobody has ever thought to make the staff take off their huge germ-farm watch straps before they handle food?
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2006, 07:17 AM

hamsternated

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2006, 07:20 AM

They handle food with their wrists? That I'd pay to see.

But seriously, what's with the germophobia? Is it being imported into the UK now? Here every damn household cleaner on the market claims to kill 99.9% of all bacteria. So I've switched to water and vinegar for most cleaning tasks. While I like my home to be clean I also like to be in possession on a working immune system.

Kevin
Baninated
Jul 7, 2006, 07:24 AM

Yeah I eat stuff I drop all the time.

I usually get sick less than most people as well.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2006, 07:27 AM

My grandmother used to say 'dirt's good for the stomach' whenever one of the kids dropped food and then ate it nonetheless.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jul 7, 2006, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mastrap
They handle food with their wrists? That I'd pay to see.

But seriously, what's with the germophobia? Is it being imported into the UK now? Here every damn household cleaner on the market claims to kill 99.9% of all bacteria. So I've switched to water and vinegar for most cleaning tasks. While I like my home to be clean I also like to be in possession on a working immune system.
Kills 99.9% and gives you cancer over years of use for free.

Kevin
Baninated
Jul 7, 2006, 07:42 AM

Gives you Cancer!?!?!? OOOH NOOZ@!

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2006, 07:44 AM

Ambush is right, Kevin.

For example, a fifteen-year study in Oregon compared women working outside the home to homemakers. Those individuals that remained at home had a 54% higher death rate from cancer than those women who were outside of their homes. The study suggested that continuous exposure to household cleaners over the years was a likely cause.
This belief was echoed by a presentation to the National Center for Health Statistics which said, in part, "... Housework has its hazards... Perhaps the most serious exposure is to modern household cleaners, which may contain a number of proven and suspect causes of cancer. The excess prevalence of cancers among homemakers relative to employed women may be due to (these) occupational exposures of homemaking."

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jul 7, 2006, 07:45 AM

http://leas.ca/Hazards-of-Commercial...d-Cleaners.htm
http://www.gaiam.com/retail/gai_cont...article_id=342

We are now in the midst of a major cancer epidemic—and I have no doubt and I have documented the basis for this, that [petrochemical] industry is largely responsible for this overwhelming epidemic of cancer, in which one in every 2 men get cancer in their lifetimes, and one in every 3 women get cancer in their lifetimes.
Might be time to open our eyes.

Monique
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2006, 12:38 PM

So, what is your visa number?

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2006, 01:19 PM

this thread is ****ing hilarious.
Its had everything, from ridiculous stereotypes, to racial slurs, to a discussion on immigration to talking about hygiene -- amazing!
and yes Monique, I'm afraid you are going over the line now -- pretty offensive no?
we don't have time to stop for gas

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jul 8, 2006, 09:27 AM

119-104-105-110-105-110-103-32-99-111-119

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2006, 09:41 AM

Whaaa, what's THIS about? Come on now, this is getting ridiculous. I thought you were older, wise, and mature? You know, unlike the rest of us here.

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 8, 2006, 10:38 AM

These stool samples are ready for the lab.

Forum Links
Forum Rules