Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Powerbook G4 550 (Broken Backlight)

FS: Powerbook G4 550 (Broken Backlight)
popsandfriends
Forum Regular
Apr 16, 2006, 08:15 PM

Title says most of it. Up for sale is a Powerbook G4 550mhz machine. IT was dropped, and the backlight busted. Tested with monitor and it works fine! This machine would be the perfect desktop mac. Has 512mb ram, 30gb hard drive, DVD drive, Tiger and FrontRow. Battery holds only a 3% charge but im including a power brick. I wanted to get 400 for this but realized that was impossible.

300$ plus 12.00 shipping to US or Canada

Please contact if you have any questions or would like pictures. Help me get rid of this machine, i need the money!

Thanks,
Hunter

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2006, 09:12 AM

Hey, do you still have your 867 Tibook available?

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2006, 09:13 AM

Oh yeah...on this 550 machine...is the LCD the one that's the problem or does it just need a new inverter board?

popsandfriends  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 17, 2006, 12:39 PM

I still have the 867 availible yes, and on the 550, im sure it could be the inverter board, or the backlight. Either one could be the problem.

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2006, 03:54 PM

How much is the 867 and i might be interested in either one of the machines. It'll be a few weeks though..

popsandfriends  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 23, 2006, 12:03 PM

Actually the machine just sold, the 867, sorry. But I hope you're interested in the 550, I could make you a deal. $300 flat, free shipping

Forum Links
Forum Rules