Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTT: 12" Powerbook for Windows Laptop

WTT: 12" Powerbook for Windows Laptop
techster82
Oct 14, 2006, 09:56 PM

My work needs have changed and I need to go back to a windows based laptop to be productive. Before anyone mentions it, yes I could AND would love to use a Macbook but I am not able to dish out extra cash right now. So, if anyone has a compact windows laptop currently and is looking to get into OSX, maybe we can strike a deal. Below are the following specs on my Powerbook:

12" LCD
1.33 ghz G4 processor
100GB 5400rpm Hard drive
768mb Ram
Combo Drive
Mint Condition with original box and all accessories
Includes a neoprene padded carrying sleeve

Also, the original battery was part of the recall and I finally received a new one from Apple yesterday. The new one holds a full 4 hour charge and has no load cycles on it.

I am looking for a mint condition, compact windows laptop, non celeron based, must have builtin wireless. Would really prefer 14" screen or smaller, but will entertain any offers. Let me know if interested. I have ebay and heatware feedback under the same username, techster82, and can provide references from the forums here. Reach me at [email protected] as I am not on the forums much since my workload has increased.

szsiddiq
Forum Regular
Oct 15, 2006, 01:13 AM

darn, ur a month too late...
i sold my 3yrold 15" P4 8lb vaio for 325, and bought that same powerbook for $350 (spent $80 to upgrade the ram, $30 for a new keyboard (the 5 and f12 keys didnt work, and the down arrow was gone) and after a month the original 60gb harddrive died and i spent $70 to replace it with a 5400rpm 80gb one).
but darn, u cuda saved me lots of trouble.
best of luck

techster82  (op)
Oct 22, 2006, 03:29 PM

Still looking for a trade. Let me know if interested. I also have pics available.

heartsglory
Oct 22, 2006, 05:21 PM

Reply to your pm sent

Macjunkie117
Oct 22, 2006, 07:21 PM

pm sent, please reply ASAP

techster82  (op)
Oct 22, 2006, 07:26 PM

Will also entertain just selling it outright, make an offer.

Edit:

I want to clarify that I will not sell this laptop for $350. I have had an offer for that based on another members post in this thread, which is very unreasonable. This laptop is mint, loaded, includes the original box and all accessories (still factory sealed) and has a brand new battery. Looking for $750 shipped.
( Last edited by techster82; Oct 22, 2006 at 08:14 PM. )

heartsglory
Oct 23, 2006, 07:29 AM

PM sent sir.

webb3201
Senior User
Oct 23, 2006, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by techster82 View Post
Will also entertain just selling it outright, make an offer.

Edit:

I want to clarify that I will not sell this laptop for $350. I have had an offer for that based on another members post in this thread, which is very unreasonable. This laptop is mint, loaded, includes the original box and all accessories (still factory sealed) and has a brand new battery. Looking for $750 shipped.
Techster,

I have a Thinkpad R51 in immaculate condition with 1.6 centrino/wireless/30gb hard drive/ati video card /combo drive/14.1 screen and a COA for XP and/or Unbunt isntalled and running. Any interested in trade?
Read my MacWebb column and other great Mac articles at Lowendmac.com

Owner of a MacBook Pro and various other Macs.

Forum Links
Forum Rules