Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > My Shipping Options just changed again!

My Shipping Options just changed again!
jrod7350
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 09:26 PM

My shipping date so far is OOB 10/2, but I was slated as second day delivery, and now I'm listed as express overnight. Does this mean my machine's about to ship? How come I'm getting all these shipping changes even though my part's not listed to ship till 10/2? I tried calling Apple Store, but I'm not putting up with their 30+ minute wait times right now.

Just wondering if this is happending to anyone else, and did this happen right before your machine shippped, or was it a sign of something else . . . delays

johnt519
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 11:00 PM

My shipping method hasn't changed (2 day), but... on my order on 7/23/03, with an OOB date of 10/2, I've been waiting (and calling looking) for some delivery sign. Tonight, I checked and the order status was Shipped! And it showed a tracking number.

I pulled up the Airborne tracking, and it showed shipping from CA to me.

But I should have written the number down.

Now my order shows at the top of the page "Shipped" and at the bottom "Open". And on the list of ordered items it shows both "Shipped" and "Open, est. ship date 10/2"

I'm hoping it's just their tracking system that's flakey.. and I'll be waiting for the shipping email later.

I hope.

Especially when I read on Apple's discussion boards about someone who ordered in early Sept and whose system has shipped....

docman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 11:22 PM

Originally posted by jrod7350:

Just wondering if this is happending to anyone else, and did this happen right before your machine shippped, or was it a sign of something else . . . delays
hi all!

been lurking in the g5 threads...

i just checked, and my shipping has been bumped to 'priority overnite' as well! this is the second shipping bump; when others reported the 2-day upgrade that came without notice, i got this upgrade as well.

my machine: dual, 9800/BT/250GB/1GB

ordered through ADC 9/9/03 pm, OOB has been 10/16 through day one. original ship time during the order was "3-5 weeks"

interesting.. guess it buys them 5 days of me not calling in upset

toddbuchanan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 11:53 PM

On Changing Shipping methods: I ordered my Dual on 6/23 @ 3:45 with Priority Overnight (CTO'd the 250 GB drive and everything else was stock)...When it hit 90 days, the listing dropped off the Order Status via the Store but when I checked using the order status with the Web number (www.apple.com/orderstatus), suddenly, my shipping went from Priority overnight to 2 day...So I called and they bumped it to Standard overnight...24 Hrs later, they have me listed as shipping Priority Overnight via FedEx...
Todd Buchanan in Chicago
http://www.toddbuchanan.com

johnt519
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 11:56 PM

I got the email. It's shipped! My shipping didn't change though. I had 2 day shipping and that's what it's still saying.

That's ok, after 2.5 months I can wait another day and a half.

Yay!

DayLateDon
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2003, 11:57 PM

Hello ...

My shipping method has been upgraded to "Priority Overnite" as well. This after my order was bumped (a third time) from OOB 9/23 to 10/29 (and after a disgruntled FAX to Apple Education).

If this means it's shipping soon, great. But I have my doubts.

My order: stock 2x2.0.

DayLateDon

johnt519
Forum Regular
Sep 25, 2003, 01:07 AM

Well, my invoice email came, and it didn't have any shipping charges, so I checked my order status again. It now says Priority Overnight! I might get it tomorrow (Thurs.) Wooo!

Magic Genie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2003, 03:03 AM

Mine arrived on schedule (finally)!

CLick to see 150 pics of me opening my new G5 and maxing out the ram to make you laugh or cry.

Bbazzarrakk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2003, 10:44 AM

After reading this thread and checking, it looks as if my shipping has been bumped to "Priority Overnight" as well. My machine is a CTO Dual G5 with 2 Gigs RAM, a 250 Gigs HD and a 9800 Pro (no modem/bluetooth/airport), ordered on 07/30. My OOB date has always been 10/9 and with the recent upturn in shipments, I'm beginning to think it might just be on time...

Baz

johnt519
Forum Regular
Sep 25, 2003, 10:51 AM

The really wierd thing is, my Apple Order Status is listed at Priority Overnite, but the Airborne Tracking page show 2nd day. I hope Apple didn't forget to inform Airborne of the change!

denim
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2003, 11:25 AM

Mine seems to have changed too. I started as "standard shipping" 'cause I didn't want to pay. Unfortunately, my ship date is still 21 October.
Is this a good place for an argument?
Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Me

docman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2003, 02:43 PM

now my order has changed from "priority overnite" to "bestway". hmmm.

this is for a 9/9 order, always oob 10/16.. ah well, i was kinda hoping for that elite overnite service...

Webscreamer
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2003, 03:14 PM

Nope.. my shipping date is 10/6 and hasn't changed in since 7/25. But my shipping method has. It went from ground to 2day, then to overnight priority, then back to 2 day.

This sucks... everyone has there already who ordered from a month after me.
Anyone who would letterspace blackletter would steal sheep. - Frederic Goudy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 1, 2003, 08:48 AM

My order is still sitting at PC CONNECTION. I had an original ship date of 9/26. Then it got bumped to 10/1. I look at tracking info and my order still says; "IN PROCESS". I'm feeling a slight pang in my chest. hmmmm. I wonder what the new date is going to be and if PC CONNECTION/APPLE is going to "3day promise me" all the way 'til Christmas.
ebuddy

Forum Links
Forum Rules