Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Starting iPhone repair shop

Starting iPhone repair shop
janickpl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 16, 2018, 08:15 AM

Hi all! I have been buying broken iPhones, repairing them and reselling them in the last few months and I am starting to get a little concerned about tax on them. I don't do it as a business, just to fill time and make a little more money while I'm at it. How do I pay tax on the income if it is indeed taxable? This salary website says I won't pay tax on my normal job (which I do as a buffer for any overtime I do) so really I should be paying tax on selling the phones. Should I worry?

Thanks
( Last edited by andi*pandi; Jul 16, 2018 at 11:05 AM. )

andi*pandi
Jul 16, 2018, 11:05 AM

We have posters who do repair in the UK, perhaps they will chime in. I'm sure the UK government has a reputable site which explains taxes.

mindwaves
Jul 24, 2018, 08:25 PM

Check bogleheads.org. More tax people there.

reader50
Administrator
Jul 24, 2018, 08:39 PM

How did your old NAS sale go? You know, the one you were concerned about the taxes on. That you posted over on the storage site. You didn't mention any iPhones at the time.

Forum Links
Forum Rules