Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > tentative warning about applepeelz

tentative warning about applepeelz
uicandrew
Senior User
Jun 9, 2007, 04:46 AM

For those people thinking about ordering the thin shield that applepeelz makes, be careful if you order from them.

I ordered my applepeelz about 1.5 weeks ago and i still have not received it yet. According to USPS.com, shipping should only take 6 days even with Parcel post or media mail (the slowest service that USPS offers)

I will give them another 1/2 week

I emailed them Friday morning (9am their time) to inquire about when they sent it out (is it out of stock?) but i didn't hear back from them.

On one hand, applepeelz seems to have superior coverage of the macbook pro, so it makes them better than invisibleshield in that regard

but on the otherhand, there haven't been many reviews out there, so i don't know exactly how responsive their service is.

but just something to think about before placing an order with them. Of course, i will post an update when it comes or there is a resolution.

the going rate is $50 for their thin shield, and their material cost cannot be over $10. I'm guessing their profit margins even make apple jealous. But the upfront costs of getting the templates just right are high, and they are competing against shieldzone. more competition is good.
Mac User since Summer 2005 (started with G4 mini bought from macnn forums!)

Forum Links
Forum Rules