Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > LW 360 Select Spare Parts

LW 360 Select Spare Parts
Gweman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 19, 2014, 09:13 AM

I have three LW 360 Select printers that have quit working. The fuser assembly in each of them works. It also appears that with each one, there is something amiss with a circuit board. I cannot find anywhere to purchase another one and I had to update to a LW16/600PS which I use with my G3 and Windows 7. I am willing to give any and all of these printers (plus two cartridges, used) to anyone who is willing to pay for the shipping (and packing) from Kentucky to wherever they live. I also have one tray for the manual feed, first come, first served. Apple did a wonderful job with the 360, and even on the plastic. The 16/600PS that I ordered saw the plastic breaking off in shipment, not so the 360. Boy, when something works, the mfg should keep making them!

andi*pandi
May 19, 2014, 11:52 AM

Hi Gweman, I would move this to the marketplace for you, but you need a certain amount of posts for credibility to post to the marketplace...

Great job keeping the old stuff working and out of the landfill!

andi*pandi
May 19, 2014, 09:48 PM

<poof!> your thread is in the marketplace!

Gweman  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 21, 2014, 04:14 PM

I have no idea what to expect or how to do it, but thanks for your input. That post was my first time at this and hope it can be of some use. I have been a Mac enthusiast since 1985 having switched over from Compugraphic and began using PageMaker 1.1. What a great relief! I now use a G3 with PageMaker 7 and have two G3 backups in case one dies. My technician works on both Mac and PC and yes, I do have to have a PC (Windows 7) since I keep my Mac off the internet. I usually set everything up on the Mac for a company I worked for (22 years) and just finished a 300 page recipe book. I either email the pdf with the PC or bring it to them if it's too big to email. I'm comfortable with Fontographer, PhotoShop 3.0 (yes, it's old, but I love it), Illustrator (rarely) and FreeHand 4 (old) running OS 9.2. Tried OSX, couldn't use the same programs, hence the G3s.

andi*pandi
May 21, 2014, 04:22 PM

Ah, Freehand. Come join us in the Art and Design forum to reminisce. Welcome!

Gweman  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 14, 2014, 03:08 PM

Thanks, andi*pandi...
As I mentioned, I'm not used to this forum. I haven't heard anything from my offer and I am considering junking the three 360s. When I got Freehand, it was quite a step up from illustrator which I was using to draw all the items I needed... there wasn't any scanners then... goes back to 1985. I was also happy with the old fontographer which I finally updated. So now I use Photoshop 3&7 and PageMaker 7... but still have to use freehand to do some odds and ends. I really don't like the update beyond PageMaker... too much like Quark. (-Q+Y-ar=?)
GDJ

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 30, 2014, 09:48 AM

Here's a free bump for your offer. I'm not sure how popular the LW 360 is or was, which may be why you haven't gotten a lot of response to your offer of "take these off my hands." Hopefully this will at least get you a little more attention.

Good luck!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules