Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > unlocked with Pwnage 2.0 but not unlocked!

unlocked with Pwnage 2.0 but not unlocked!
eyecoin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2008, 05:15 AM

After hours, I successfully installed the Pwnage 2.0 unlock. Now when I turn on my phone it has the appropriate pineapple logo, but then immediately asks me to connect to iTunes and iTunes steps me thru registration and choosing a plan. My chip is a prepaid chip. Why is this not working? Anyone know what is going wrong?

outaru
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2008, 05:30 AM

have you choose "your iphone is legit" upon unlocking with pwnage 2.0?

eyecoin  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2008, 01:02 PM

I think it said "are you a legit iphone user?" right? I can't recall but I did choose "yes". What does that even mean? I thought it means I am not going to re-sell their software.

eyecoin  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 4, 2008, 07:28 PM

chaya1shongi, I see. My mistake was mis-interpreting what they mean when they ask if you are a legit iPhone user. They mean are you signed up wtih AT&T. I guess if you are they will only jailbreak for applications. I did it over again, and this time said I am not a legit user. Now it worked. I noticed that difference in the tutorial on the link you sent.

Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules