Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > How to modify .rsrc in Panther?

How to modify .rsrc in Panther?
brainchild2b
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 11, 2003, 03:31 AM

I'm trying to modify the HIToolbox.rsrc in Panther or at least look at the icons in it. Candybar won't work with 10.3 for good reasons.

Basically I'd like to change my trash icon in panther, and possible other icons in the extras.rsrc

What is a tool for Mac OS X that will let me modify icons? All the theme tools let me modify everything BUT icons.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2003, 07:04 AM

The HIToolbox didn't even have the icons in it in Jaguar did it? I think that was just back in the 10.1 days. The icons are now in /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemIcons.bundle/Contents/Resources/SystemIcons.rsrc I'm pretty sure in Jaguar anyway.... so look there win Panther and open it and edit it with Iconographer. There are a lot of other icons right with the rsrc too that Candybar also replaces. I think the trash icon is somewhere else though. I do know of other icons that are inside the Finder.app and the Dock.app in the CoreServices folder. You could look there too.

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

TheDisaster
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2003, 08:19 AM

rsrc files that ThemePark won't edit can be edited it Resourcerer.
|wishing is for suckers|

Forum Links
Forum Rules