Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Feeler/FS: Playstation 3 20 Gig Version

Feeler/FS: Playstation 3 20 Gig Version
getbigg21
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2006, 02:25 PM

I have a slightly used playstation 3 20 gig version that I'm looking to get rid of. I played it for a couple of hours and decided that it's not for me. I have perfect feedback under rhelfrey on ebay and I have done some transactions here on the forum. I accept paypal. This could be a great deal for someone.
512 Shuffle

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 19, 2006, 03:09 PM

An asking price must be posted for all items.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

chipchen
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2006, 04:21 PM

I'll give you what you paid for it plus shipping.

getbigg21  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2006, 06:35 PM

okay i would like to get more than $600 for it. i think that's fair considering the crazy prices going for it right now. maybe like $700 shipped would be acceptable
512 Shuffle

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 19, 2006, 06:46 PM

I think what was paid for it is a fair price. I dont think anyone here will pay the inflated prices for a PS3, I know I wont, if you want to make a profit off of it, post it on ebay

getbigg21  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2006, 09:30 PM

yeah well not to be rude or anything but if someone really wants one they will pay a decent price for it.
512 Shuffle

Philip J. Fry
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2006, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by getbigg21 View Post
yeah well not to be rude or anything but if someone really wants one they will pay a decent price for it.
Then go to eBay and sell it there.

getbigg21  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2006, 11:03 PM

sorry don't want to have to deal with ebay fees. $700 takes it if anyone wants it. i will ship ups w/ delivery confirmation. it will be 3 day shipping or so. if you want overnight it will be an extra $20.
512 Shuffle

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 19, 2006, 11:12 PM

I dont think anyone wants it here for your inflated prices.. We all know the value of them.. And 700 dollars is way to much for a system that sells for much less. Can you provide pics of the system with your username on it to verify that you actually have it, im sure that would make it much more enticing..

getbigg21  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2006, 11:23 PM

if your not interested in the ps3 then just don't post here. i do have people interested and if they want to see the pics i will take some. your not interested so just stay out of the thread. thanks
512 Shuffle

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 19, 2006, 11:40 PM

Seriously people. I temp banned two users yesterday for taking down a PS3 thread.

If you're not interested, move on.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

sdilley14
Mac Elite
Nov 20, 2006, 05:26 AM

Stop crapping on this guy's thread. $700 isn't a bad price at all. Anyone can post whatever they want here, don't tell him to 'take it to eBay'. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see someone here buy this for $700 and take it to eBay for the profit themselves. Anyways, bump for a good price on this.
2.3 GHz Intel i5 MacBook Pro
iPhone 4 - 16 GB - Black
8gb iPod Nano

getbigg21  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 20, 2006, 09:00 AM

thanks i appreciate it.
512 Shuffle

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Nov 20, 2006, 10:11 AM

While I don't agree on inflating the price of the PS3 just because on eBay they are going for crazy amounts... this isn't eBay.

But your not asking a ridiculous amount like others and you should have no problem selling it here or on a gaming forum (don't know of any with a marketplace forum like this off the top of my head though.)

Jerman
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 20, 2006, 06:24 PM

Good price man, props to you for being willing to sell for such a good price! If I wanted one I would definitely bite.

getbigg21  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 21, 2006, 06:40 PM

i have pics if anyone is interested let me know. thanks
512 Shuffle

Javizun
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2006, 12:10 AM

yeah your reasonable priced compared to ebay right now-i cant believe nobody have jumped on this.

i guess the whole hype behind the ps3 was more for people t omake money on them then to actually put them to use.

love the blue ray and the games over hdmi look fantastic at 1080p cant beat that still love my 360 though microsoft really did it in the gaming system.

good luck with your sale getbig
A.I.R (ART IS RESISTANCE)

getbigg21  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 22, 2006, 09:02 AM

yeah i'm really surprised that this hasn't been sold either. i guess you are right about people not really wanting them to play but just to sell.
512 Shuffle

bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2006, 09:36 AM

What is it with people on this forum who feel like it's their DUTY to crap on someones thread? If you guys dont like his price, just move on. Do you HAVE to put in your 2 cents that you dont even want to spend on the item?

God, please.. quit being a bunch of tools about items you THINK no one will want.

Getbigg... just so you know.. they did the EXACT SAME THING to me on my macbook pro.. and they told me the same thing. No one will buy it. Screw them. They're a small section of the wide userbase of this forum. My MBP sold the day Cheezypoofs told me that no one would buy it. An hour later... an email asking for my addy so they could send me a check was in my inbox.

So dont give up. Just keep posting. This forum reaches a pretty wide audience.

Good luck. And yeah... thats a SMOKIN price right there.

getbigg21  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 22, 2006, 03:57 PM

thanks for the info. yeah i have had problems with people complaining here also in the past. i know it will sell. whoever decides to buy it will have a great system at a great price
512 Shuffle

Litflynt912
Nov 23, 2006, 12:46 AM

I'll take it for $700 and shipping
PM ME
Macbook 1.83CD 512/60GB/And yes....BootCamp w/XP
2nd Gen Shuffle
1st Gen Nano 1GB Black & White
5th Gen 30GB iPod
Nintendo Wii
Xbox 360
PS3 20GB

getbigg21  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 23, 2006, 05:00 PM

well got an offer for $700 right now. any other takers?
512 Shuffle

praterkeith
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 24, 2006, 02:33 AM

Ill give you $20 and a box of donuts.
PowerMac G4-733mhz-Quicksilver | 5th gen. iPod-Video-30gb-White. | Pentax *istDS DSLR

l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 24, 2006, 02:56 AM

I'll give you $100,000 for it. But theres no way I'm paying shipping, thats like $20 extra, screw that!

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Nov 24, 2006, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by l008com View Post
I'll give you $100,000 for it. But theres no way I'm paying shipping, thats like $20 extra, screw that!
And again, the point of this was?

l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 24, 2006, 03:09 AM

The point was to be funny and make someone somewhere laugh. Which is a lot more than what your post did.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Nov 24, 2006, 09:21 AM

I'll give you what you paid for it. Otherwise, I'll wait 6-8 months and walk into any store, pick one off the shelf, and buy it then.

getbigg21  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 24, 2006, 02:05 PM

once again if you are just going to crap on my thread then don't say anything. the price is $700. if you want it cool, if not then bug off. it's that simple.
512 Shuffle

xe0
Forum Regular
Nov 26, 2006, 07:26 AM

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2006, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Seriously people. I temp banned two users yesterday for taking down a PS3 thread.

If you're not interested, move on.
I disagree. First off, this guy posted without an asking price, which is against board policy. This is the Marketplace, not an auction. Second, board members are in their right to reply to threads give others feedback, even in the Marketplace. Many times I've had others tell me that my price is too high or whatnot, and instead of bashing that feedback, I mostly appreciate it. Simply by creating a thread he is soliciting replies. He cannot and should not be able to dictate or censor what replies he gets, as long as they are relevant to the topic.

So long as everyone is being civil, I don't see the problem.

Oh and getbigg21: Just because something is common (now) doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. Normally, getting full new price for something you have used, however slightly, would be considered uncommonly good for the seller.

But because supply of these systems happen to be limited at the moment, you think you're entitled to more. Granted, you're asking much less than other greedy/capitalist/opportunistic PS3 sellers, but you're still guilty of the same crime, to a lesser degree.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2006, 04:00 PM

well got an offer for $700 right now. any other takers?
You asking for more offers (i.e. wanting more money)

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
I'll give you what you paid for it. Otherwise, I'll wait 6-8 months and walk into any store, pick one off the shelf, and buy it then.
Me telling you what the damn thing is worth.

once again if you are just going to crap on my thread then don't say anything. the price is $700. if you want it cool, if not then bug off. it's that simple.
You getting your panties in a bunch because you are not making as much money as you though you would (as are many other PS3 pirce gougers).

Seriously people, in 6-8 months you will be able to walk into any store and buy one of these at MSRP (just like with the XBox 360).

getbigg21  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 26, 2006, 06:50 PM

you know what **** off
512 Shuffle

Forum Links
Forum Rules