Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Will an adaptec 2904 scsi card work in a G4?

Will an adaptec 2904 scsi card work in a G4?
Freeflyer
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2004, 02:54 PM

I've tried this, and in system profiler it shows up as a scsi card, but doesn't show anything attached.

Anyone know if this is a workable card in a mac, or if it can be made to work. I couldn't find anything by googling.

Cheers,

J.
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out - Richard Dawkins

CatOne
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2004, 12:59 PM

Originally posted by Freeflyer:
I've tried this, and in system profiler it shows up as a scsi card, but doesn't show anything attached.

Anyone know if this is a workable card in a mac, or if it can be made to work. I couldn't find anything by googling.

Cheers,

J.
There have been issues with some Adaptec cards (do a google search on retrospect adaptec mac and see ;-). People I've worked with in general have better luck with the ATTO SCSI cards in OS X.

Forum Links
Forum Rules