Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Will you sync your iPhone to your Tower or Laptop?

Will you sync your iPhone to your Tower or Laptop?
macrophyllum
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 28, 2007, 09:44 AM

I have a Mac Pro tower which I used regularly for work, I also have a first gen. MacBook Pro which I use for work and when traveling. Right now all of my music is on the tower, but I am wondering if I should sync my iPhone with my tower or my MacBook Pro. The reason why I am considering syncing with the MBP is because I could see myself traveling and wanting to buy a few TV shows or a movie to watch on the flight home. In this case, I would just sync the iPhone while traveling and relax on the flight. On the downside, I would have to move some of my music library to my laptop to get that on the iPhone, ultimately managing two music libraries.

Anyone else ponder this situation?

JonoMarshall
Senior User
Jun 28, 2007, 10:13 AM

Couldn't you watch the bought content on the MBP rather than on the iPhone?

macrophyllum  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 28, 2007, 11:53 AM

Hey, very good point! That is why I thought I would post something here. I guess the only other down side is that it would be hard to purchase music on the road, but in reality, I rarely do that.

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2007, 12:43 PM

I sort of treat the tower as the master machine, and the laptop and imac as secondary. Maybe with 10.5 we'll get better integration of the various computers and their data, but for now it's just too unreliable with my experience to use .mac to sync email/address books/ safari bookmarks, etc.. I always end up with a mess of double's and duplicates. So for now the Tower, with it's up to date calendar and address book will be synced and then when 10.5 is out, maybe we'll see if we can get them all in sync.
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

Forum Links
Forum Rules