Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPOd Nano 5th Generation

iPOd Nano 5th Generation
Nassifer
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2009, 05:50 AM

Hello all, I just got the new iPod Nano, so far I love it, but have found one downside. When it is plugged into the computer for charging or syncing the backlight stays on, or am I missing something ?

If you can give me a fix it would be great.

Abdulah

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 26, 2009, 09:07 AM

It's not running off the battery when it's plugged in, instead it's "active," so the backlight stays on. If you leave it plugged in to your computer overnight and the light is a problem, you could put a cover over it, but when the computer goes to sleep, the USB ports shut off and the Nano will go to sleep too.

Or am I missing something myself?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

DavoMrMac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2009, 11:03 AM

This is a very good point. If you leave your Nano docked, it would be nice to have the screen off.

Have you tried putting it to sleep, by pushing the play/pause button for 3 seconds, whilst it is docked?

Forum Links
Forum Rules