Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > app for checking OS 9 compatibility?

app for checking OS 9 compatibility?
bastokyg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2002, 03:43 AM

Greetings,
It looks like I'm going to have to think about making the smaller leap to OS 9 from 8.6, (instead of X), because fewer and fewer app upgrades (like Flash MX) will work with 8.6. I seem to remember, when OS 9 was released that there was a small utility that would check a hard drive to see what was and was not compatible with 9.

I've been using the Mac almost everyday since 1985 and always upgraded my Mac's systems, even if they weren't always that stable, but OS 8.6 is the most stable system I've used and hate to start in on troubleshooting another one in the midst of trying to actually get some work done (I think that's was computers were meant to do, help you with your work, not make you spend 1/2 your day troubleshooting!).

Does anyone know where I can find this utility? I've checked MacFixIt, and a few other sites, but can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2002, 05:11 AM

check this out.

-r.

bastokyg  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2002, 12:59 PM

Thanks!!

That's exactly what i was looking for. Ironically, I go to VersionTracker almost every morning to see what's new, but didn't think to look there.

Cipher13
Mar 20, 2002, 07:47 AM

I've not seen a single app that worked on 8.6 not work on 9... if that means anything.

Forum Links
Forum Rules