Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > MS Exchange 2010 & Address Book

MS Exchange 2010 & Address Book
biscuit
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2012, 05:02 PM

My Dad has just bought a new MacBook Pro. I have set up his Exchange account for his Mail, Calendars and Contacts.

Everything is working fine apart from Address Book, which resolutely refuses to sync contacts from the server. However, if a new contact is created on the MacBook, then it does go to the server.

Also, we have the Exchange account up and running fine on his iPad. If I create a new contact on the iPad then that also appears in Address Book on the MacBook. It's only the existing contacts that won't sync.

This thread on Apple's support forums suggests we're not alone.

Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this?

biscuit

biscuit  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2012, 02:42 PM

My Dad came up with his own fix. He created a new exchange account just for contacts, which does work.

Not sure if this would work universally though. The University where he works did some funny things with their email a few years ago that might be linked to it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules