Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What are your favorite System 7 games?

What are your favorite System 7 games? (Page 2)
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 8, 2008, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by MOTHERWELL View Post
I always like the Leisure Suit Larry games. That may have been OS 8 though.
Some of the LSL date back to the 80s and early 90s.

Leisure Suit Larry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-t

MOTHERWELL
Senior User
Feb 8, 2008, 01:30 PM

I used to play LSL 1 on some IBM DOS computer at my dad's office when I was 6 or 7.

I did play LSL: Love For Sail on my Mac though...

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 8, 2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by maxintosh View Post
How could you forget Vette, the game where you drove around a pretty realistic San Fran in a Corvette, made up excuses for the police, smooshed pedestrians and smashed up your car?

Aww, yeah!

Take the Calloway twin turbo, turn off damage, max out your speed, hit the cruise control (which would automatically accelerate you back to max, even from a dead stop) and smash into things as hard as possible.

One thing that game had that I have yet to see be recreated (despite how gosh darn simple it would be), was the best horn ever. There was something so totally satisfying about just laying on the horn.

Originally Posted by badidea View Post
And what was the name of that ultra cool 3D space ship adventure where you had to move (step by step) around, solve riddles and flee of the space ships selve defense robots?
Never got very far in that game. I think it started with a "d".

This is the one where you would enter one room and get the quote from 2001: "my god, it's full of stars"?

A couple I'd like to add:

Afterlife, which was basically simheaven and simhell. Excellent score (among other things). This was also back in the days that anything LucasArts touched turned to gold.

A bit older, there was a game (if you can call it that) which IIRC was called Portal. It was really more a piece of interactive fiction. You were supposed to be an astronaut who returns to Earth only to find it deserted.

Not a very original idea in itself, but the story was presented as the interface to an active computer you find, and in using this interface, the story of "what happened" got dribbled out to you.

Fallout was 8, right?

P.S. it was Vette! not Vette.

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2008, 02:10 PM

Glider 4! Also Glider Pro later. Oh man I love those games.

Forum Links
Forum Rules