Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > A few fun gadgets ...

A few fun gadgets ...
cmeisenzahl
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 19, 2008, 01:22 PM

ATP PhotoFinder | Uncrate
"Ever find yourself wishing your digicam had a geotagging feature? The ATP PhotoFinder ($90) fills in the gap by adding the necessary tags to your photos. Simply turn the PhotoFinder on while you're shooting, then insert your memory card into the device when you're finished."

ThinkGeek :: Phantom Keystroker
"With the advent of the incessantly beeping and easily concealable Annoy-a-tron, ThinkGeek has ushered in a new era of sophisticated office pranks sure to drive your co-workers bonkers while you snicker silently at your desk. "

ThinkGeek :: Star Trek Classic Communicator
"Captain Kirk is known for many things; one thing is being prepared for anything. Whenever Captain Kirk left the Enterprise, there were always three things he made sure he was equipped with. "
ThinkGeek :: Star Trek Classic Communicator

Railroader
Banned
Mar 19, 2008, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by cmeisenzahl View Post
"With the advent of the incessantly beeping and easily concealable Annoy-a-tron, ThinkGeek has ushered in a new era of sophisticated office pranks sure to drive your co-workers bonkers while you snicker silently at your desk. "
This device could drive some to suicide. The annoy-a-tron is just pure evil as well.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Mar 19, 2008, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by cmeisenzahl View Post
"Ever find yourself wishing your digicam had a geotagging feature? The ATP PhotoFinder ($90) fills in the gap by adding the necessary tags to your photos. Simply turn the PhotoFinder on while you're shooting, then insert your memory card into the device when you're finished."
I'd love one....but $90 is a bit steep just to avoid searching locations on Google Earth/Flickr Maps.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Mar 19, 2008, 09:53 PM

The Geotagger thing interests me a little, but like you, $90 is a bit much, especially since I have o take the card out, then place it in that thing. I suppose if I actually had a camera that supported it, I would find it useful

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 21, 2008, 08:45 AM

Aside from lacking any commentary (sort of like an extended "post and run"), I'd say cmeisenzahl has given us some "interesting" stuff to think about playing with. Can't say I'd actually buy any of them though.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Tiresias
Mar 22, 2008, 11:53 AM

This is too funny.

Dear friends at thinkgeek.com,

I recently acquired the "Annoy-A-Tron" from your web site. Actually, I acquired two, thinking that perhaps two devices might be necessary to truly splinter the minds of my friends and co-workers. How woefully did I underestimate this powerful tool.

I have watched this simple device transform an (until-now) mild-mannered colleague into a spitting, cussing, paranoid lunatic.

He has ordered all of the staff he supervises (not a small number) to locate the source of the dread beeping before doing anything else (but since they are in on the prank, they haven't been much help). So he waits, white-knuckles gripping the edge of his desk, anticipating the next beep.

He has set a timer on his computer to track the duration between beeps. It hasn't been much help.

My favorite quote so far, nearly bursting that vein on his temple as he shouted it: "That beep has been F***ING with me for HOURS now."

He has called the facilities department to schedule a maintenance worker to investigate.

He speculates that "they" might be doing air-quality testing in the building. This beep must be some device in the ducts detecting dangerous levels of asbestos in the air. Or worse. Radon? Aerosolized mercury? Legionella spores?

The beep means something. What does the beep mean? Is it a warning? It sounds urgent, doesn't it? It's telling us to do something. But what? Replace a battery? Call the authorities? Evacuate the premises? Scrub ourselves with disinfectant and put on haz-mat suits and call our families to give them our tearful goodbyes?

I imagine that soon he will begin to take things apart. He will methodically dismantle all of the electrical devices in his office, creating an unusually precise metaphor for what is happening in his psyche.

I am reminded what a thin and fragile thread keeps us attached to sanity. Today, this tiny little device helped me break a co-worker's mind, and I thank you for the sinfully pleasurable schadenfreude.

My best to you,
John
Seattle, WA

Forum Links
Forum Rules