Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > When keeping it real goes wrong: North Carolina Edition

When keeping it real goes wrong: North Carolina Edition
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 26, 2013, 01:19 PM

Newport Road Rage Suspect Fires Gun After Fight (VIDEO) (UPDATED)

Footage of the incident shows a white man with light brown hair and a goatee confront a younger-looking man in a pickup truck and accuse him of trying to "run [him] off the road."

The male suspect appears to punch the driver, but the victim and a witness get out of the car and proceed to beat the suspect, who is knocked into his own vehicle and then onto the ground. At that point, the female suspect appears to hand the man a gun, which he then fires into the pickup truck.
Bradley Turner is charged with discharging a weapon into property, two counts of assault by pointing a gun, going armed to the terror of the people, injury to personal property, and assault. His wife, Christy Turner is charged with two counts of assault by pointing a gun. The couple posted $38,500 bond.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Mar 26, 2013, 02:50 PM

Yikes.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Mar 26, 2013, 08:32 PM

I heard the truck door slam but didn't hear a gunshot. Also, the muzzle was pointed away from the younger guys the entire time (not directly at them), he couldn't have fired into the truck. His wife never pointed it at them either, at least not in the video. WTF?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 27, 2013, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
I heard the truck door slam but didn't hear a gunshot.
It's hard for me to imagine any investigator being fooled by a door slam into thinking it made a bullet hole in a car. Therefore I assume the gunshot happened after the video ended (he came back). It's not hard to imagine the person taking the video would be scared into stopping it when he saw the gun. But maybe the truck already had an old bullet hole in it, that they thought were new?

Also, the muzzle was pointed away from the younger guys the entire time (not directly at them)
I don't see how you can say that. He was pointing the gun offscreen as he walked towards the camera, in roughly the direction he was walking. The kids were offscreen.

His wife never pointed it at them either, at least not in the video.
Her arm wasn't extended, but she was holding it in a way that could have pointed it towards them at one point. Also she may have done it after the video ended.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Mar 27, 2013, 06:44 PM

I'm not seeing the charges mentioned in the video, the alleged actions must have been off-camera.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Mar 27, 2013, 10:11 PM

That didn't sound like a door slamming to me but if it was a gun shot it didn't look like it came from the gun he was holding. Seemed like the audio was out of sync or something.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Forum Links
Forum Rules