Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Are we doing enough to stop ISIS?

Are we doing enough to stop ISIS? (Page 6)
Thread Tools
Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Apr 2000
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 6, 2016, 07:55 PM
 
From The Rubin Report:



( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Jun 6, 2016 at 08:52 PM. )
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 02:39 PM
 
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 02:52 PM
 
How much you want to bet Obama still won't call that an act Islamic terrorism?
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 03:01 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
How much you want to bet Obama still won't call that an act Islamic terrorism?
In his announcement he said "terrorism and hate", he did not call it Islamic terrorism.
     
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Why do you care?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 03:02 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
How much you want to bet Obama still won't call that an act Islamic terrorism?
You sound like Trump. Perhaps you're just parroting him.

And just before the President spoke, Trump tweeted: "Is President Obama going to finally mention the words radical Islamic terrorism? If he doesn't he should immediately resign in disgrace!"
Yeah, I'm sure Obama could have done something to prevent this.

I just wish, for once, when a tragedy like this occurs people would wait, oh I don't know, a day or two before trying to politicize it.

How about we offer our thoughts, condolences (and prayers if you're so inclined) to the families of those slain?

How about we simply decry the senseless act of violence, collect all the evidence, care for the wounded, etc. instead of rushing to label it and assign blame?
2.3GHz i7 15" Retina Macbook Pro (Late 2013)
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 03:15 PM
 
"OMG, Trump said that!!1!" A broken clock (Trump) is right twice a day. Islam is poison and radical Islam must be rooted out of all Western countries. Obama could have prevented this, if he'd been more diligent at removing these elements from the USA. But no, his administration lets clerics like the above into this country, his justice dept allows idiots like Farrakhan to incite violence, and refuses to admit that Islam is a danger to everyone in the Western world.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 03:17 PM
 
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
In his announcement he said "terrorism and hate", he did not call it Islamic terrorism.
Of course he didn't, he's a s***bag with his head in the sand.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Why do you care?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 03:55 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Obama could have prevented this, if he'd been more diligent at removing these elements from the USA.
You're delusional (and so is Trump) if you think this could have been prevented. There will ALWAYS be sleeper terrorists, whether they sympathize with ISIS, radical right-wing extremism, anti-abortionist zealots, etc. If you can't identify these people before they commit an act of terrorism, you can't remove them. How do you propose identifying people who don't publicize their support of or sympathy for terrorist groups before they act?

This is still the United States of America. This person was subject to two different investigations but there was NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE to arrest him. What do you propose Obama do? Just arrest him anyway? Deport him without just cause?

But no, his administration lets clerics like the above into this country, his justice dept allows idiots like Farrakhan to incite violence, and refuses to admit that Islam is a danger to everyone in the Western world.
Yep, he "lets" all of this happen because as President he has unilateral power do to what ever he wants. Unless a law is broken, last time I checked you can't simply arrest and detain whomever you want.

It's not "Islam" that is the danger. It's a radical Islamists that are the danger and threat.

You sound as if you want to deport all Muslims like Trump does. That's an easy solution and would have prevented this right? Let's just get rid of all Muslims, since "Islam is a danger to everyone in the Western world".

Wow. Just wow.
2.3GHz i7 15" Retina Macbook Pro (Late 2013)
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 04:03 PM
 
Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
I just wish, for once, when a tragedy like this occurs people would wait, oh I don't know, a day or two before trying to politicize it.

How about we offer our thoughts, condolences (and prayers if you're so inclined) to the families of those slain?
That would have been great, if the regressive gun control freaks weren't out in force first thing this morning spinning their agenda before the bodies were even cold.
( Last edited by Cap'n Tightpants; Jun 12, 2016 at 04:21 PM. )
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 04:20 PM
 
Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
You're delusional (and so is Trump) if you think this could have been prevented. There will ALWAYS be sleeper terrorists, whether they sympathize with ISIS, radical right-wing extremism, anti-abortionist zealots, etc. If you can't identify these people before they commit an act of terrorism, you can't remove them. How do you propose identifying people who don't publicize their support of or sympathy for terrorist groups before they act?

This is still the United States of America. This person was subject to two different investigations but there was NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE to arrest him. What do you propose Obama do? Just arrest him anyway? Deport him without just cause?



Yep, he "lets" all of this happen because as President he has unilateral power do to what ever he wants. Unless a law is broken, last time I checked you can't simply arrest and detain whomever you want.

It's not "Islam" that is the danger. It's a radical Islamists that are the danger and threat.

You sound as if you want to deport all Muslims like Trump does. That's an easy solution and would have prevented this right? Let's just get rid of all Muslims, since "Islam is a danger to everyone in the Western world".

Wow. Just wow.
Yeah, "wow", you don't believe Islam is dangerous and toxic to Western society, that's nuts. I'm not the person in this conversation who is deluded. The guy in this video IS a "moderate" muslim, FFS, and he was speaking at the gunman's mosque just a couple months ago, spreading this pro-murder hate speech against gays (some believe the terrorist was specifically targeting women who were once male, which is why he shot up a women's restroom).



All, ALL, radical Muslims need to be deported, and no Muslims of any kind should be allowed in until we get a handle on this, unless they're 110% vetted by the intelligence services. Hell, for the time being we need to impose travel restrictions from specific countries and suspend the visas of the ones already here, unless they can meet very stringent criteria regarding their whereabouts, background, and activities. The current administration has been far too lax and those chickens are coming home to roost, and US citizens are dying because of it.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 05:10 PM
 
Because radical Christianity never says anything bad about the gays. Like Lt. Gov. of Texas Dan Patrick's tweet about this latest shooting.

Its a wonder this hasn't happened in a gay club or pride march long before now. This particular incident could as easily be a result of the ridiculous bathroom arguments that have been going on lately as about Islamic Jihad.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 06:16 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Because radical Christianity never says anything bad about the gays. Like Lt. Gov. of Texas Dan Patrick's tweet about this latest shooting.

Its a wonder this hasn't happened in a gay club or pride march long before now. This particular incident could as easily be a result of the ridiculous bathroom arguments that have been going on lately as about Islamic Jihad.
Patrick issued a statement saying this a pre planned tweet. I went through his Twitter feed.
Let's see how "radical" his weekly Sunday tweets are:

My Facebook Statement Regarding This Morning's Bible Verse Post - Dan Patrick for Lieutenant Governor


Last week was D-Day themed.

The past few Sundays




This week is ill timed timed.

This is today's reponsorial Psalm.
Psalm PS 32:1-2, 5, 7, 11

R. (cf. 5c) Lord, forgive the wrong I have done.
Blessed is the one whose fault is taken away,
whose sin is covered.
Blessed the man to whom the LORD imputes not guilt,
in whose spirit there is no guile.
R. Lord, forgive the wrong I have done.
I acknowledged my sin to you,
my guilt I covered not.
I said, "I confess my faults to the LORD,"
and you took away the guilt of my sin.
R. Lord, forgive the wrong I have done.
You are my shelter; from distress you will preserve me;
with glad cries of freedom you will ring me round.
R. Lord, forgive the wrong I have done.
Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you just;
exult, all you upright of heart.
R. Lord, forgive the wrong I have done.
The reading for Sunday are on a rotating cylcle (Year A, B, C) It could have very well been the same Psalm. Many Catholic groups FB post and tweet the daily and Sunday readings. Do you consider that "radical?"
( Last edited by Chongo; Jun 12, 2016 at 06:53 PM. )
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 06:29 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Because radical Christianity never says anything bad about the gays. Like Lt. Gov. of Texas Dan Patrick's tweet about this latest shooting.
Action != words, you get that? Do you? Also not condoning something isn't the same as calling for people to be murdered. Do you understand that too?

Its a wonder this hasn't happened in a gay club or pride march long before now. This particular incident could as easily be a result of the ridiculous bathroom arguments that have been going on lately as about Islamic Jihad.
But it didn't. No, it took a poisonous ideology, the worst in the world, to cause this.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 06:40 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post

All, ALL, radical Muslims need to be deported, and no Muslims of any kind should be allowed in until we get a handle on this, unless they're 110% vetted by the intelligence services.

To where? We can't even get rid of the Gitmo prisoners because no nation will wants them back.

This guy was born here. He had the same rights to a firearm as everyone else born here.
To date I haven't heard of him being charged with anything more than domestic abuse prior to today. The NRA would shit a brick if that was the standard for barring gun ownership. Worse yet Florida gave the guy a security officer license for a firearm even after he was being watched and questioned by the feds.
Deporting a US born citizen who makes threatening public comments towards the US Government or homeland would put pretty much every oathkeeper on a plane away from here.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 07:33 PM
 
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
To where? We can't even get rid of the Gitmo prisoners because no nation will wants them back.
Place them on a ship and send them to wherever, I don't care at this point. The Saudis have a tent city with A/C that can house 7 million people, looks like the perfect place.

This guy was born here. He had the same rights to a firearm as everyone else born here.
and had been interviewed by the FBI 3 ****ing times, once for direct hate speech and threats against gays. They knew he was a danger, knew it, yet he could still pull this off. To hell with Islam, it's time to burn the radical elements down, with prejudice, and slap the so-called moderates, like the twat cleric above who called for gays to be killed, for good measure. Paris>Brussels>Orlando, **** this, enough is enough. We've fought actual world wars for less and we know who is pushing this.

The NRA would shit a brick if that was the standard for barring gun ownership. Worse yet Florida gave the guy a security officer license for a firearm even after he was being watched and questioned by the feds.
Why? The NRA doesn't run the checks. He should have been flagged immediately and barred for purchase and CWP, given his affiliations and past record.

Deporting a US born citizen who makes threatening public comments towards the US Government or homeland would put pretty much every oathkeeper on a plane away from here.
**** that, I don't give a watery s*** about threats against the gov't, they have massive security resources and a standing army. Threats directly against the citizenry is a different matter, especially people in a place that bars weapons for self-defense. Killed because of who they are and who they love.

"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Why do you care?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 07:33 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Yeah, "wow", you don't believe Islam is dangerous and toxic to Western society, that's nuts. I'm not the person in this conversation who is deluded. The guy in this video IS a "moderate" muslim, FFS, and he was speaking at the gunman's mosque just a couple months ago, spreading this pro-murder hate speech against gays (some believe the terrorist was specifically targeting women who were once male, which is why he shot up a women's restroom).



All, ALL, radical Muslims need to be deported, and no Muslims of any kind should be allowed in until we get a handle on this, unless they're 110% vetted by the intelligence services. Hell, for the time being we need to impose travel restrictions from specific countries and suspend the visas of the ones already here, unless they can meet very stringent criteria regarding their whereabouts, background, and activities. The current administration has been far too lax and those chickens are coming home to roost, and US citizens are dying because of it.
It's hard to follow your posts because you change what you say and move the goal posts.

First you said:

...and refuses to admit that Islam is a danger to everyone in the Western world.
You doubled down on that and said:

Islam is dangerous and toxic to Western society
So your position seems to be that "Islam" is a danger, not just radical Islamists. OK, you're anti-Muslim. Good to know.

Do you know anything about the religion other than what you hear from right-wing talk shows?

Now you get somewhat specific with your anti-Muslim stance:

All, ALL, radical Muslims need to be deported, and no Muslims of any kind should be allowed in until we get a handle on this, unless they're 110% vetted by the intelligence services.
Sounds like you're parroting Trump again. So now we are going to assume someone is guilty of being a radical Islamic terrorist based solely on their religion until proven otherwise. Got it.

Like I said, wow. Just wow.

What do you propose we do with the tens of millions of Muslims in this country who are UNITED STATES CITIZENS (like this terrorist was)? Should we round them up for questioning? Internment camps? How about making practicing Islam in the U.S. illegal? Shall we just establish a national religion? Who cares about the Constitution anyway.

So much for religious freedom in the United States under a Trump Administration. Hitler 2.0.
2.3GHz i7 15" Retina Macbook Pro (Late 2013)
     
Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Apr 2000
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 07:55 PM
 
@Cap'n Tightpants
Mrjinglesusa seems to prefer islamo-fascism. He seems to prefer to be politically correct than call out the Naziism of our age. He doesn't seem to mind the fact that under Islamic rule, every religious minority is subject to persecution or that women are treated like property or that homosexuals are executed. Never mind the ethnic cleansing that has happened in the past 8 years of over a million Christian and Yazidi, in communities which predate islam, with no effort from any of the illusive moderates to try to stop it.

And the people who are opposed to all the above are labeled 'Hitlers'.

Makes perfect sense. /sarcasm
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 07:57 PM
 
Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
So your position seems to be that "Islam" is a danger, not just radical Islamists. OK, you're anti-Muslim. Good to know.
Hello, I'm MacN'Stein, Shaddim, CTP; I'm anti-organized religion, but specifically anti-Islam, because their doctrine is cancer, and I want to see radical Islam burned to the ground. I've been here for almost 12 years now, my stance has shifted on many issues in that time, but that has never changed.

Do you know anything about the religion other than what you hear from right-wing talk shows?
I have a PhD in Comparative Religion & Philosophy from Vanderbilt, what do you want to know? It's a shitty ideology, based on the ravings of a schizophrenic, homicidal pedophile. Unlike Christians, who have the New Testament to balance out the crazy taught in the Old Testament, with Jesus telling them to love their enemies and who taught compassion and mercy, the Quran teaches unfiltered intolerance and violence against those who don't strictly practice Islam, and gruesome dismemberment and murder for its enemies and the "immoral".

Sounds like you're parroting Trump again. So now we are going to assume someone is guilty of being a radical Islamic terrorist based solely on their religion until proven otherwise. Got it.

Like I said, wow. Just wow.
Indeed, you seem to suffer from the same cognitive dissonance that plagues the Regressive Left. "OMGerd!!1! You sound like Drumph!" He's mostly correct about Islam, I'd say 90% right. That doesn't change who or what he is, just that he's not 100% wrong about everything, because no one is.

So much for religious freedom in the United States under a Trump Administration.
There's a limit; if you preach murder and violence, you need to be charged with inciting violence. If your religion consistently does the same, it needs to be reclassified as a hate group and lose its status.

BTW, I love how you just skip right over that cleric and move on, never even paying attention or seeing the connection, that speaks volumes about you.

Edit: Trump isn't Hitler 2.0, Islam has already filled those fascist shoes.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 08:02 PM
 
So after the recent tragedy in Orlando I decided to check the forum and saw that CTP was spouting off like a raving f*cking lunatic. And I am not at all surprised. Someone else will have to counter his nonsense on this one. I'm just not inclined to expend my energy on such abject stupidity today. Because we all know that if a white dude had done this he'd be all over the "mental health" angle.

OAW
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 08:05 PM
 
Originally Posted by Hawkeye_a View Post
@Cap'n Tightpants
Mrjinglesusa seems to prefer islamo-fascism. He seems to prefer to be politically correct than call out the Naziism of our age. He doesn't seem to mind the fact that under Islamic rule, every religious minority is subject to persecution or that women are treated like property or that homosexuals are executed. Never mind the ethnic cleansing that has happened in the past 8 years of over a million Christian and Yazidi, in communities which predate islam, with no effort from any of the illusive moderates to try to stop it.

And the people who are opposed to all the above are labeled 'Hitlers'.

Makes perfect sense. /sarcasm
Indeed, it's people like him who enable radical Islam and refuse to see the religion as the dangerous thing that it is.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 08:12 PM
 
Originally Posted by OAW View Post
So after the recent tragedy in Orlando I decided to check the forum and saw that CTP was spouting off like a raving f*cking lunatic. And I am not at all surprised. Someone else will have to counter his nonsense on this one. I'm just not inclined to expend my energy on such abject stupidity today. Because we all know that if a white dude had done this he'd be all over the "mental health" angle.
Go cry me a river. No, a white dude didn't do this, much to your own chagrin, most likely. But it certainly IS a mental health issue, Islam is f*cking crazy and produces far too many of these sociopaths.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 08:18 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Hello, I'm MacN'Stein, Shaddim, CTP; I'm anti-organized religion, but specifically anti-Islam, because their doctrine is cancer, and I want to see radical Islam burned to the ground. I've been here for almost 12 years now, my stance has shifted on many issues in that time, but that has never changed.
Yet right here you claimed to be a DEACON ... not just a member ... of the Coptic Church. Because at the moment in that thread where the topic was the definition of Christianity you surmised such a statement would afford you some sort of "credibility". But now when the topic is radical Islamic terrorism all of a sudden you have no use for "organized religion" at all. And yet you wonder why I'm FAR from the only one around here who thinks you are a POSER through and through.



OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Jun 12, 2016 at 08:31 PM. )
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 08:47 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Go cry me a river. No, a white dude didn't do this, much to your own chagrin, most likely. But it certainly IS a mental health issue, Islam is f*cking crazy and produces far too many of these sociopaths.
Well if what you were saying here had any merit whatsoever and wasn't just bigoted nonsense you seem eagerly inclined to tell yourself and anyone else who'll listen then it would stand to reason that with 1.25 BILLION Muslims in the world situations like this might actually hit double digits regarding the percentage of people impacted. Because it can't just be a some dude who has run off the rails regardless of his particular motivation. His actions just have to be to be reflective of an entire religion in your estimation. Unless, of course, when a white dude does the same kind of sh*t. Because you know. That's different.

OAW
     
Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 08:53 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Place them on a ship and send them to wherever, I don't care at this point. The Saudis have a tent city with A/C that can house 7 million people, looks like the perfect place.
Again, he is a born citizen. What legal standard are you using to justify stripping him of his citizenship and once that precedent is set can that same reasoning not used again people like Peter Santilli and Cliven Bundy? Because grievances and a threat against the populace doesn't start or end with muzzies.

and had been interviewed by the FBI 3 ****ing times, once for direct hate speech and threats against gays. They knew he was a danger, knew it, yet he could still pull this off.
Then along with him you'd be jailing or deporting a slew of pro-lifers, Mormons, BLM protesters, Ca$h, and militia members. All of them Americans and guilty of comparable if not identical charges.
Due process is still a thing.

Why? The NRA doesn't run the checks. He should have been flagged immediately and barred for purchase and CWP, given his affiliations and past record.
You clearly don't know a lot of 2A proponents. And if the feds can strip away firearm rights without a conviction you will hear from them.
Many take that "from my cold dead hands" shit literally.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency
     
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Why do you care?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 09:54 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Hello, I'm MacN'Stein, Shaddim, CTP; I'm anti-organized religion, but specifically anti-Islam, because their doctrine is cancer, and I want to see radical Islam burned to the ground. I've been here for almost 12 years now, my stance has shifted on many issues in that time, but that has never changed.
I know who you are. You're the guy who always seems to know someone and/or own something and now have a degree in something that is relevant to about every topic discussed on these forums.

Case in point:

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
I have a PhD in Comparative Religion & Philosophy from Vanderbilt, what do you want to know?
Suuuuuure you do. As OAW pointed out, since it was relevant and you thought it would give you some credibility, you claimed to be a Deacon in the Coptic Church. Yeah, I was away of that claim of yours. I'm actually surprised you haven't claimed to have a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice or something when you post in topics related to gun control.

To refresh your memory in case you forgot you were a Deacon.

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
They believe in both the divinity of Christ and the Trinity, what are you talking about? (I'm curious because I am, last I heard, still a deacon in the Coptic Christian church and am intimately familiar with what their seminary teaches.)

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
It's a shitty ideology, based on the ravings of a schizophrenic, homicidal pedophile. Unlike Christians, who have the New Testament to balance out the crazy taught in the Old Testament, with Jesus telling them to love their enemies and who taught compassion and mercy, the Quran teaches unfiltered intolerance and violence against those who don't strictly practice Islam, and gruesome dismemberment and murder for its enemies and the "immoral".
Weird that there are over a billion Muslims who don't commit violence against others if that is what their religion teaches them. These acts are being committed by religious zealots who believe in a twisted teaching of Islam. You don't know as much about Islam as you think you do. I'd see about a refund on that "PhD".

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
There's a limit; if you preach murder and violence, you need to be charged with inciting violence. If your religion consistently does the same, it needs to be reclassified as a hate group and lose its status.
So Islam is a hate group, not the world's 2nd largest religion. Got it.

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
BTW, I love how you just skip right over that cleric and move on, never even paying attention or seeing the connection, that speaks volumes about you.
Wasn't relevant to the discussion. It was a straw man. I was pointing out that it's not "Islam" that is the danger. It's radical Islamists that are the danger and threat. I was also pointing out your bigotry when you said "Islam is a danger to everyone in the Western world". You believe over a billion people in this world, including born United States citizens who peacefully practice Islam, are a danger to everyone in the Western world simply because of their religion and the heinous acts of radicals who happen to be a part of that religion. That's called bigotry.

Let's ignore the fact that there are plenty of "Christian" preachers who say the same thing about gays and lesbians.

Let's also ignore the muslim leader who spoke out against ISIS (he's not the first BTW).

Muslim leader to ISIS: 'You do not speak for us' - CNN Video

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Edit: Trump isn't Hitler 2.0, Islam has already filled those fascist shoes.
Yeah, OK.

Anyway, I'm done responding to someone posting bigoted nonsense.

PhD in Comparative Religion and Philosophy. Please.
2.3GHz i7 15" Retina Macbook Pro (Late 2013)
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 11:11 PM
 
Originally Posted by OAW View Post
Yet right here you claimed to be a DEACON ... not just a member ... of the Coptic Church.
Yep, but not being Christian anymore puts a damper on that, so I've been on indefinite sabbatical (their idea, I was simply going to leave). I still have the paperwork, though, and they rarely excommunicate anyone, though, and that's essentially what they would have to do to strip me of the diaconate, since in essence it's halfway to the priesthood. I'd go into more detail about it but I can't be bothered, maybe Chongo will, since it's the same in the RCC.

Because at the moment in that thread where the topic was the definition of Christianity you surmised such a statement would afford you some sort of "credibility". But now when the topic is radical Islamic terrorism all of a sudden you have no use for "organized religion" at all. And yet you wonder why I'm FAR from the only one around here who thinks you are a POSER through and through.
Boo-hoo, couldn't care less. What you think doesn't matter. In fact, there's only ~5 people on this forum whom I have any affection or real concern for. I take enjoyment from your hatred, because you're one of worst sorts of people in this world, a self-righteous ideologue.

Here's some freebees, though, just to show how ignorant you are of what I've said in the past:

http://forums.macnn.com/95/political...u/#post3906753

"That's not always the case. Personally, I just dislike being directly involved with organized religion. I won't say that they're wrong, some people love dogma and more power to them, but it doesn't fit with my beliefs and motivations. I suppose if people were to witness my devotion to my spiritual work they would claim that I'm one of the most religious people they've ever seen, but it simply doesn't work within mainstream beliefs."
http://forums.macnn.com/95/political...4/#post4286127

I don't like most organized religions, because a good deal of what they're about is control. But the real question is, control to do what? Force another race of people "into the sea"? Bad. Murder people of other religions so that you can have riches and orgies in heaven? Bad. Give them money so they can build a new gymnasium? Meh, neutral, at worst. Yes, there are a lot of restrictions to certain behaviors and rules to keep the faithful in line, but that's a far, far cry from telling your people to murder and maim in the name of God.
http://forums.macnn.com/95/political...3/#post4348290

Why should I? You're done. Islam is shitty, conservative Islam is worse (and should stay out of the West), and radical Islam should be razed to the ground, with prejudice. Western societies will figure this out, many are waking up to the facts already, the only question is how many more innocents need to be persecuted, tortured, and murdered by this dangerous cult before we take action? Adios, professor.

(*Technically all organized religion is, but Islam's the worst.)
That's only a few, there are literally dozens of examples where I've shown disdain, if not outright dislike, for organized religion. ****, that last one was directed at you. So much for your "near-photographic memory", I guess.

Now back in your hole and stop trying to derail threads.
( Last edited by Cap'n Tightpants; Jun 12, 2016 at 11:27 PM. )
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 11:27 PM
 
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Again, he is a born citizen. What legal standard are you using to justify stripping him of his citizenship and once that precedent is set can that same reasoning not used again people like Peter Santilli and Cliven Bundy? Because grievances and a threat against the populace doesn't start or end with muzzies.
Already addressed that, start arresting and prosecuting those who incite violence and killing, track known Islamic leaders who foster those elements. You remove the worst from society and you help stem the spread of the ideology.

Then along with him you'd be jailing or deporting a slew of pro-lifers, Mormons, BLM protesters, Ca$h, and militia members. All of them Americans and guilty of comparable if not identical charges. Due process is still a thing.
False equivalence is a "thing" too, look to up. All the other religions and philosophies in the world, combined, don't cause 1/10th the strife and bloodshed of Islam. They had what they needed to block him from purchasing his weapons, and when he tried they should have been on him like white on rice, but they weren't. Why wasn't the FBI on his ass?

You clearly don't know a lot of 2A proponents. And if the feds can strip away firearm rights without a conviction you will hear from them.
Many take that "from my cold dead hands" shit literally.
What a load of crap. I know more of them than you, and while I'm sure a few might have arched their eyebrows, as soon as you told them the guy had a history of violence and was being investigated for ties to radical Islam, even they would have grudgingly agreed.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 12, 2016, 11:54 PM
 
Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
I know who you are. You're the guy who always seems to know someone and/or own something and now have a degree in something that is relevant to about every topic discussed on these forums.Suuuuuure you do.

As OAW pointed out, since it was relevant and you thought it would give you some credibility, you claimed to be a Deacon in the Coptic Church. Yeah, I was away of that claim of yours. I'm actually surprised you haven't claimed to have a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice or something when you post in topics related to gun control.

To refresh your memory in case you forgot you were a Deacon.
You could search, I've talked about it at length in the past. I'm tired of digging things up, defending allegations that are nothing but worthless distractions from ignorant people. And you asked if I knew anything about religion, fool (taking his cues from a larger fool in OAW).

Weird that there are over a billion Muslims who don't commit violence against others if that is what their religion teaches them. These acts are being committed by religious zealots who believe in a twisted teaching of Islam. You don't know as much about Islam as you think you do. I'd see about a refund on that "PhD".
Holy shit, that's funny. In the face of all that Islam has done and is doing you're going to try and pull a "no true Scotsman" fallacy? That's rich.

So Islam is a hate group, not the world's 2nd largest religion. Got it.
That's what's so bad about it all, the world's 2nd largest religion is poison and the largest threat the world faces today.

Wasn't relevant to the discussion. It was a straw man. I was pointing out that it's not "Islam" that is the danger. It's radical Islamists that are the danger and threat. I was also pointing out your bigotry when you said "Islam is a danger to everyone in the Western world". You believe over a billion people in this world, including born United States citizens who peacefully practice Islam, are a danger to everyone in the Western world simply because of their religion and the heinous acts of radicals who happen to be a part of that religion. That's called bigotry.
You don't know what a "straw man" is, either. Typical. THE ASSHOLE CLERIC WAS AT THE SHOOTER'S MOSQUE 2 MONTHS AGO TEACHING THAT GAYS SHOULD BE KILLED. Wake up, already. ****ing hell, man. You're just being wilfully ignorant. If mosques are teaching this shit, and there's clear indications they are, then they should be shut down.

Let's ignore the fact that there are plenty of "Christian" preachers who say the same thing about gays and lesbians.
Citations for your false equivalence?

Let's also ignore the muslim leader who spoke out against ISIS (he's not the first BTW).
Then spoke about killing gays, wonderful. But thanks, that just bolsters my position, he's a moderate telling people that murdering gays "is a mercy", for ****'s sake.

Yeah, OK.
OK.

Anyway, I'm done responding to someone posting bigoted nonsense.

PhD in Comparative Religion and Philosophy. Please.
Sheer ignorance, must be nice to be so simple.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 01:21 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Already addressed that, start arresting and prosecuting those who incite violence and killing, track known Islamic leaders who foster those elements. You remove the worst from society and you help stem the spread of the ideology.

False equivalence is a "thing" too, look to up. All the other religions and philosophies in the world, combined, don't cause 1/10th the strife and bloodshed of Islam.
You're hung up on the religious aspect of it.
I on the other hand am discussing the legal methodology in which your revenge fantasy is supposedly happening. The overriding issue is his status as an American. You did not address that at all. You're just mumbling some gibberish with no valid grounds on which this hajji could have been formally charged so he could have been expatriated. He did not formally join ISIS nor did he commit treason. If he had just done one of those things you'd have a point but it sounds like he was self radicalized.

You cannot just strip away an American's citizenship because of association. Yes, the FBI investigated him but if he'd been guilty of something to suffice his prosecution then it would have happened. Without an actual crime or action that violated the INA all anyone could do is surveil him.
Based on what's been reported he did not do anything that amounted having him charged much less expelled from the country he was born in. Arresting all 2 million muslims is probably possible but in absence of an actual crime being committed by every single one of them its futile and wasteful.


They had what they needed to block him from purchasing his weapons, and when he tried they should have been on him like white on rice, but they weren't. Why wasn't the FBI on his ass?

What a load of crap. I know more of them than you, and while I'm sure a few might have arched their eyebrows, as soon as you told them the guy had a history of violence and was being investigated for ties to radical Islam, even they would have grudgingly agreed.
No, no they didn't. Barring the ownership of a firearm in the US requires due process and a conviction.

And I agree, I am positive you do know more of them than I. You exist on a lower social tier than I do where those types of individuals live out their little lives.

However, what you seem to keep missing is that the litmus test you are proposing to infringe on this terrorist’s Second Amendment rights also applies to them. That is something the NRA would not miss, would soundly protest, and have their members side against because AGAIN this guy was not actually convicted of a crime. In fact he was vetted by the state of Florida and given greater latitude for weapons ownership through a security officer license.

Yes, he had a history of violence but it was domestic in nature which is a charge a significant number of those inbred hicks also have had to face at some point.
Yes, he had been under investigation by the feds for ties to a radical group. Except you bet your public school education diplomas that those hicks are also aware that their militias and patriot groups are categorized in the same vein by the feds.

What you proposed would inevitably be applied to all Americans who belong to fringe groups not just ones who are muslim. And given their level of mistrust of the federal government there is no way those god and guns crowd would be able to side with gun restrictions of the nature you proposed because it would bite them in the ass.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 03:34 AM
 
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
You're hung up on the religious aspect of it.
I on the other hand am discussing the legal methodology in which your revenge fantasy is supposedly happening. The overriding issue is his status as an American. You did not address that at all. You're just mumbling some gibberish with no valid grounds on which this hajji could have been formally charged so he could have been expatriated. He did not formally join ISIS nor did he commit treason. If he had just done one of those things you'd have a point but it sounds like he was self radicalized.
Did I say "expatriated"? No, I didn't. WTF are you on about? (Talk about useless gibberish, you're spouting it in buckets. Claiming I said things that never crossed my mind.) Are you on drugs? I said he should have been watched, told he was being monitored, and sure as hell should have been flagged in the NICS.

You cannot just strip away an American's citizenship because of association.
Derp. Is that right? Gee-wiz. When I said removal from society I was talking about arresting and prosecuting these people. Last I checked you can't legally incite people to murder, it falls under conspiracy, and telling your congregation that they should kill gays sure as hell counts.

Yes, the FBI investigated him but if he'd been guilty of something to suffice his prosecution then it would have happened. Without an actual crime or action that violated the INA all anyone could do is surveil him.
Based on what's been reported he did not do anything that amounted having him charged much less expelled from the country he was born in. Arresting all 2 million muslims is probably possible but in absence of an actual crime being committed by every single one of them its futile and wasteful.
and if he was being surveilled and flagged in the system this very likely wouldn't have happened. (Still going on about expulsion, like a hamster on a treadmill, I see.) We can contain and watch the radical elements of Islam in this country, the FBI, NSA, DHS, etc. know who they are, but it hasn't been done.

No, no they didn't. Barring the ownership of a firearm in the US requires due process and a conviction.
No, no it doesn't. You can be flagged and delayed, then you use due process to appeal. I've seen people with unpaid speeding tickets and non-violent misdemeanors get flagged by the NICS. Think a would-be terrorist is going to appeal? Since the guy had only passed the unarmed security guard training, his status in that was unimportant.

And I agree, I am positive you do know more of them than I. You exist on a lower social tier than I do where those types of individuals live out their little lives.

However, what you seem to keep missing is that the litmus test you are proposing to infringe on this terrorist’s Second Amendment rights also applies to them.
Incorrect. I'm certain there are very few who are lower class than you, maybe some Juggalos... and a few of the more militant bronies. "Little life." You're just sad, always have been.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 03:58 AM
 
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 08:30 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Place them on a ship and send them to wherever, I don't care at this point. The Saudis have a tent city with A/C that can house 7 million people, looks like the perfect place.
Freedom! But only for those with your stamp of approval?



Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
and had been interviewed by the FBI 3 ****ing times, once for direct hate speech and threats against gays. They knew he was a danger, knew it, yet he could still pull this off. To hell with Islam, it's time to burn the radical elements down, with prejudice, and slap the so-called moderates, like the twat cleric above who called for gays to be killed, for good measure. Paris>Brussels>Orlando, **** this, enough is enough. We've fought actual world wars for less and we know who is pushing this.
Theres a very simple principle you and the rest of the frothy-mouthed right seem to fail to understand. Every time you kill one radical muslim terrorist, you inspire his brothers, sons, uncles, cousins and now sisters, wives and daughters to take up his cause. And if you kill an innocent muslim because you thought he was (might be) a radical terrorist, then the conversion rate will be that much higher. This is why the "regressives" don't spout hatred at all Islam, this is why Obama tries not to even mention it. Because the terrifyingly high number of mouth-breathing idiots in your country will take out their frustrations on innocent muslims.
Clearly this is not of any concern to you, but firstly it is absolutely the same behaviour you'd expect of Naziism (its not an exclusive license, anybody can do it), and secondly you just make the problem exponentially worse.

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Why? The NRA doesn't run the checks. He should have been flagged immediately and barred for purchase and CWP, given his affiliations and past record.
The NRA and the gun lobby is responsible for blocking a bill six months ago that would have prohibited terror suspects from buying guns. Can't go losing a single potential customer though can we? Especially when those are the ones likely to buy more than anyone else.


Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
**** that, I don't give a watery s*** about threats against the gov't, they have massive security resources and a standing army. Threats directly against the citizenry is a different matter, especially people in a place that bars weapons for self-defense. Killed because of who they are and who they love.

The irony. I just can't.

Since everyone else is discussing your degree: I really hope you don't have one in comparative religion. It seems an awful waste of time for someone with a strong religious conviction to study comparative religion. Its like "I'm going to objectively study this group of things, even though I am unshakably certain that one and only one of them is the one true thing and the rest are all on a spectrum from false nonsense to evil incarnate." I know its not science, but if it were it would be really terrible science. Like you get when creationists try to do studies on evolutionary biology.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 09:04 AM
 
Islam is a political system. It's also more than the Koran. There is the Hadith and the Sunna. If I understand correctly, they hold up Mohammed as the example of what a Muslim should be.
     
BadKosh
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 09:06 AM
 
Set the bar A LOT LOWER on those who might cause a threat, so NO, THEY CAN'T COME HERE.
They can't be in the general population.

Set the bar lower on WHEN a mental health professional or similar type informs the cops/authorities.
Why not GPS chip the violent types?

The stuff being done so far has been lame and sloppy, like Obamas whole Administration.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 09:20 AM
 
Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Why not GPS chip the violent types?
What could possibly go wrong?
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 09:53 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
What could possibly go wrong?
Mark of the beast stuff.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 10:15 AM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Since everyone else is discussing your degree: I really hope you don't have one in comparative religion. It seems an awful waste of time for someone with a strong religious conviction to study comparative religion. Its like "I'm going to objectively study this group of things, even though I am unshakably certain that one and only one of them is the one true thing and the rest are all on a spectrum from false nonsense to evil incarnate." I know its not science, but if it were it would be really terrible science. Like you get when creationists try to do studies on evolutionary biology.
Perhaps the Cap'n is a little heated right now, but let's call a spade a spade.

Jesus (as depicted in the Bible) was so on-target morally, a modern atheist could take his moral teachings almost unchanged and create a moral code most would consider laudable. This was somehow pulled off two thousand years ago.

Mohammed was a warlord.
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 10:51 AM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Freedom! But only for those with your stamp of approval?
Freedom?? Oh yeah, right! FREEDOM! Hey Jihadis, look you can go to Mecca! Freedom!!! (Great idea.)

Theres a very simple principle you and the rest of the frothy-mouthed right seem to fail to understand. Every time you kill one radical muslim terrorist, you inspire his brothers, sons, uncles, cousins and now sisters, wives and daughters to take up his cause. And if you kill an innocent muslim because you thought he was (might be) a radical terrorist, then the conversion rate will be that much higher. This is why the "regressives" don't spout hatred at all Islam, this is why Obama tries not to even mention it. Because the terrifyingly high number of mouth-breathing idiots in your country will take out their frustrations on innocent muslims.
Clearly this is not of any concern to you, but firstly it is absolutely the same behaviour you'd expect of Naziism (its not an exclusive license, anybody can do it), and secondly you just make the problem exponentially worse.
I don't especially buy that anymore. Although Islam is certifiable, I agree with you there, the worst of the crazy has only been around for a few decades. Islam respects strength, it's how they operate. You show that you're someone to be reckoned with and refuse to back down and we'll take care of the problem, our situation is we continue to capitulate to this scum and they have no respect for us. As far as people, "taking it out on innocent Muslims", you can STFU until there's actual evidence of our society being less than cordial. You forget that I've been to your country, frequently, and you have the highest concentration of "mouth-breathers" I've ever seen.

The NRA and the gun lobby is responsible for blocking a bill six months ago that would have prohibited terror suspects from buying guns. Can't go losing a single potential customer though can we? Especially when those are the ones likely to buy more than anyone else.
Example? I don't believe that works the way you think it does. We already have mechanisms in place to stop this. Our system simply failed, like a TSA agent during rush hour.

The irony. I just can't.
It's not that you can't, it's that you have no actual rebuttal.

Since everyone else is discussing your degree: I really hope you don't have one in comparative religion. It seems an awful waste of time for someone with a strong religious conviction to study comparative religion. Its like "I'm going to objectively study this group of things, even though I am unshakably certain that one and only one of them is the one true thing and the rest are all on a spectrum from false nonsense to evil incarnate." I know its not science, but if it were it would be really terrible science. Like you get when creationists try to do studies on evolutionary biology.
Yep, `fraid so. However, your views on how I see the religion, from a scholarly perspective, are wholly invalid, and largely just another personal attack (to go along with the dozen or so others levied at me in an attempt to derail this conversation). I've written papers on the great accomplishments of Islam, because they were one of the few sources of cultural advancement during a very dark time in human history, but the problem is, too many of its followers are still in that same era. For example, 12 Muslim countries still throw gays off buildings as punishment for same-sex relations, it's their official state position on homosexuality, and 7 more don't prosecute those who do (which is as bad as state-sanctioned murder).

What was enlightened 1400 years ago is incredibly barbaric today, and it becomes our direct problem when their clerics come to Western countries and teach those same beliefs, that killing gays is being merciful. Again, that was the position of a moderate imam, conservatives and actual radicals are far worse.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Apr 2000
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 10:53 AM
 
@subego
When you have the time, watch the videos i linked above (Dave Rubin interviewing Bill Warner)

(I'd like to know your opinion.)

I find it fascinating that the left and islamo-fascists are trying to frame this as a mental health and gun control issue. I wasnt aware of marginalized young men in African-American, Latino, Asian, Jewish, etc... minority communities who use (and cite) justification from their non-islamic religious texts as justification for mass murder.
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 10:53 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Mohammed was a warlord.
among other, far less savory, things...
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 11:00 AM
 
In what is not an unexpected development at all it turns out this guy had a screw loose. But of course none of that will matter to those who are more inclined to demagogue an entire religion.

The ex-wife of Orlando shooter Omar Mateen said today she was shocked by her former husband’s attack, but she recognized something deeply wrong with him years ago.

“He would be perfectly normal and happy, joking, laughing one minute -- the next minute his temper… his body would just [go] totally the opposite,” Sitora Yusufiy, 27, told ABC News. “Anger, emotionally violent and that later evolved into abuse, to beating.

“After being abused and after trying to do that and see the good in him, I can honestly say this is a sick person. This was a sick person that was really confused and went crazy,” she said.


The two had met on the social networking site Myspace in 2008 and dated for a short period before getting married. At first, life as newlyweds in Florida was normal, she said.

“He was a normal guy, joking, laughing, you know, like having fun,” she said.

Mateen was religious but not radical. Born in New York, Mateen came from an Afghan family but was “Americanized,” Yusufiy said. Yusufiy, who now lives in Colorado, is Uzbekistani but had lived in the United States for nearly a decade before the marriage.

Yusufiy said Mateen desperately wanted to be a policeman and hung out with a lot of cops, often going to the shooting range with them.

But just a few weeks into the marriage, Yusufiy said, Mateen started showing another side, one of anger and control. She said Mateen made her get a job and then took the money she made.

“It was just his personal form on control. He wanted to control me and do whatever he [could] to keep me hostage,” she said.

When he was angry, he would sometimes rant about homosexuals, Yusufiy said.

“In those moments of emotional instability, he would express his anger towards [a] certain culture, homosexuality, because in Islamic culture, it is not really tolerated, homosexuality. And I know at the time he was trying to get his life straight and follow his faith,” she said.

The abuse only came to an end when Yusufiy’s family had a dramatic falling out with Mateen’s family in 2009 and she said she was “rescued” by her parents. Records show the two were officially divorced in 2011.
Orlando Shooter's Ex-Wife: 'This Was a Sick Person' - ABC News

A former co-worker of the Orlando nightclub shooter said that Omar Mateen was "a very troubled person."

Daniel Gilroy used to work at a community security gate alongside Mateen, who was identified as the shooter who killed 50 people and injured 53 others at Orlando's Pulse nightclub early Sunday morning.

"[Mateen] had a lot of rage in him," Gilroy told ABC News.

"When I say that he was unstable or unhinged, I mean this is a man who would lose his temper for no reason. He would kick walls, slap desks. I’ve seen him throw the chair across the room one time," Gilroy said.


Gilroy said he purposefully lost contact with Mateen in March 2015 when he left the job.

"I didn't want to be around him anymore," Gilroy said. "I’m not surprised at what he did. I always knew he had something in him like that. And if I had to pick one person that would be capable of that, it would be him."
Orlando Shooter's Co-Worker Says He Was 'Filled With Rage' - ABC News

OAW
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 11:15 AM
 
Gee, they're throwing him to the wolves in an attempt to defend their religion, how shocking.

"He was crazy!!" Just like the 1000s of other radicals murdering people in the name of Allah... right.... It's just such a coincidence that he snapped right after a (supposedly) moderate cleric came to his mosque and preached about how killing gays was merciful.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 11:39 AM
 
Yeah. Whatever. Just do what you typically do when the facts don't support your narrative of choice.

Daniel Gilroy, a co-worker at G4S Secure Solutions — formerly known as Wackenhut — told NBC News that Mateen was a "very conscientious" employee who was often early for work and was fascinated by law enforcement.

He was also loud, "very excitable" and racist, Gilroy said.

"He was scary in a concerning way," he said. "And it wasn't at times. It was all the time. He had anger management issues. Something would set him off, but the things that would set him off were always women, race or religion. [Those were] his button pushers."


Working with Mateen was so difficult that Gilroy said he requested a transfer.

"I needed to be out of that situation," he said. "I described it as being toxic."

Mateen "always referred to every other race, religion, gender in a derogatory way," Gilroy added. "He did not like black people at all. That was mentioned once or twice, but more so was women. He did not like women at all. He did like women in a sexual way, but he did not respect them."

His father told NBC News that his son was affected by a recent incident involving two men showing each other affection.

"We were in downtown Miami, Bayside, people were playing music. And he saw two men kissing each other in front of his wife and kid, and he got very angry," Mateen's father, Seddique Mir Mateen, said Sunday. "They were kissing each other and touching each other, and he said: 'Look at that. In front of my son, they are doing that.' And then we were in the men's bathroom, and men were kissing each other."

"We are saying we are apologizing for the whole incident," the elder Mateen said. "We weren't aware of any action he is taking. We are in shock like the whole country."
Gunman Omar Mateen Described as Belligerent, Racist and 'Toxic' - NBC News

So the picture that's developing is of an individual who was blatantly racist, homophobic, and misogynistic ... combined with severe anger management issues that were in all likelihood the result of bi-polar disorder. But hey ... it's just easier to skip past all that and blame it all on Islam.

OAW
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 11:42 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Gee, they're throwing him to the wolves in an attempt to defend their religion, how shocking.
I suppose Mr. Gilroy in the video here is one of "they" in your estimation huh?

"He talked about killing people all the time"

OAW
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 12:34 PM
 
Originally Posted by Hawkeye_a View Post
@subego
When you have the time, watch the videos i linked above (Dave Rubin interviewing Bill Warner)

(I'd like to know your opinion.)
I trust it's good, but I don't know if I can do an hour of video.

It's not a question of time, but efficiency. Video is a really inefficient means of communicating ideas (low information density).
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 01:03 PM
 
Are we doing enough to stop ISIS? Hell no! Not when any nut job can inflict this kind of carnage because the US government continues to sit on its hands when it comes to making it illegal for a guy like this to access firearms.

How does a man investigated by the FBI for possible links to terrorism buy an assault-style weapon in America? Easily.

Omar Mateen used a legally purchased AR-15-style weapon to massacre at least 49 people in an Orlando gay club early Sunday. The FBI had looked into him twice with inconclusive findings — not that a different result necessarily would have mattered.

The American-born Mateen had security and firearm licenses and his guns were legally purchased within the past week.

In most states, people convicted of misdemeanor hate crimes may still legally purchase guns. That suspected terrorists can legally purchase weapons in the U.S. has been a fierce point of contention in Congress and among gun-control advocates.


The Senate voted down an amendment in December that would block suspected terrorists from buying guns and explosives. The amendment, which needed 60 votes to pass due to procedural rules, failed 45-54. Five days later Senate Democrats tried and failed to force consideration of the bill.

Gabby Giffords, the former U.S. representative who survived a 2011 mass shooting, referenced that vote in an impassioned statement following the Orlando attack.

"These actions may or may not have stopped last night's shooting, but we know they will save lives," she said.

In expressing her condolences to the people of Orlando, Giffords noted that "thoughts and prayers are not nearly enough" for those with "the power to act and save lives."

"The United States is the only advanced country in the world where these kinds of mass shootings happen with this kind of frequency," she said. "Enough is enough: Congress must act."
Omar Mateen Probed for Terror Ties but Legally Purchased Weapons - NBC News

GOP senators ... as they always do ... blocked legislation that would have made it illegal for someone on a terrorist watch list to purchase a firearm. But let's not talk about that. Instead spend all your energy debating whether or not we should blame this on "Radical Islam".

OAW
     
BadKosh
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 01:09 PM
 
So what IF the Terror Watch List is as shitty as all of the other stuff during the Obama Admin? Lets say YOUR NAME IS ON THAT LIST! Is it there for a reason? Does it deserve to be there? How do you fix something this admin wants buried along with all the other incompetence?
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 01:19 PM
 
Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
So what IF the Terror Watch List is as shitty as all of the other stuff during the Obama Admin? Lets say YOUR NAME IS ON THAT LIST! Is it there for a reason? Does it deserve to be there? How do you fix something this admin wants buried along with all the other incompetence?
So let's go there. Let's say for the sake of discussion that there is a 10-15% error rate on the Terror Watch List. Because it won't be perfect under the Obama Administration or any other. The million dollar question as a matter of public policy is do you think it should be legal for someone who is on that list to be purchase a firearm? Yes or no?

OAW
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 01:31 PM
 
This is from Bridget Gabriel's ACT for America Mrs Gabriel is fluent in Arabic and has read the the Koran, the Hadith, and the Sunna in their native language. She was born isn't raised in Lebanon during the Lebanese civil war. She knows first hand what ISIS is capable of.

FLYNN: Radical Islam Declares War on America - ACT for America
Radical Islam has declared war on America yet we're not allowed to describe them as our enemy. In fact, if in government and you do use this term, you are removed--which is what happened to me.

There are over a thousand cases currently pending against members of radical Islamist groups in all fifty of the United States of America.


They have conducted horrific attacks against innocent civilians multiple times now in the past 5 years killing well over 100 and wounding hundreds.

These are intentional attacks directed against innocent people. This can never be compared to car accidents like our president tries to do--he should be ashamed of how he has consistently described this enemy--leadership starts at the top and boy, do we need a new leader.

Next, ISIS is in control of large swaths of the Middle East, North Africa and parts of Central Asia, namely Afghanistan and Pakistan but also have elements in India and Indonesia, so this is truly a global problem.

The immigration of radical Islamists into Europe and those attempting to enter our own country--all must be stopped to determine what we have or as a minimum, severely slowed to better control the impact inside our country.

Until we get serious at home, get ourselves far better organized to deal with the growing problem of radical Islamism and its supporting allies, develop a comprehensive strategy and place one person in charge who is told to win, we are going to continue to get these same type of attacks or worse in our own country. And this problem will only grow worse--we must clearly define this enemy and then get about destroying them--just as we defeated communism, imperialism and fascism last century, we must do the same to radical Islamism.

Lastly, the Orlando attack was not an attack on a US city, it was an attack on America. In his speech, our President made the attack out to be a violent criminal act, counseled us all on gun control and told us we should stand up for the LGBT. We don't need him to preach to us, we needed him to lift us out of the shock that America was feeling after yet another horrific attack perpetrated by a Muslim man who has been radicalized in the faith of Islam.

Instead, the President demonstrated zero leadership tonight, lacked inspiration and you could tell all he wanted to do was make the statement and get out of the press room...a sad day for America indeed.

Lt. General Michael T Flynn is the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency and the author of the upcoming book, "The Field of Fight, How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies”. He is a member of ACT For America's Board of Advisors.
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jun 13, 2016, 01:51 PM
 
Because homophobic sentiment is "exclusive" to Islam ...



OAW
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,