Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Comp USA (I know...sorry)

Comp USA (I know...sorry)
MojoRising022
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 20, 2001, 03:40 PM

Just got off the phone with a Comp USA (I hate it also, but it's all we have here)in my area. They have apparantly received their initial shipment of OS X already even though they can not sell it until the 24th...the scary part is: according to the salesperson I spoke to...they only received 18 copies!!! This surely can not be enough and there is bound to be some very dissapointed folks. I hope it is not the same eveywhere.

While I understand this is supposed to be a low key roll-out....18 copies?!? I did not want to rob myself of the sheer joy of going into a store and touching the box, buying it, going out my car and tearing it open....it looks passing on the preorder might have been a mistake. I am going to feel like a tool standing outside of a Comp USA at 8am, an hour befopre they open (or maybe I should snag a chaise lounge and sleep out).

On another note, whether it is 4k78 or not, I absolutely can not wait to get my hands on whatever they ship!!

PowerBookDude
Mar 20, 2001, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by MojoRising022:
Just got off the phone with a Comp USA (I hate it also, but it's all we have here)in my area. They have apparantly received their initial shipment of OS X already even though they can not sell it until the 24th...the scary part is: according to the salesperson I spoke to...they only received 18 copies!!! This surely can not be enough and there is bound to be some very dissapointed folks. I hope it is not the same eveywhere.

While I understand this is supposed to be a low key roll-out....18 copies?!? I did not want to rob myself of the sheer joy of going into a store and touching the box, buying it, going out my car and tearing it open....it looks passing on the preorder might have been a mistake. I am going to feel like a tool standing outside of a Comp USA at 8am, an hour befopre they open (or maybe I should snag a chaise lounge and sleep out).

On another note, whether it is 4k78 or not, I absolutely can not wait to get my hands on whatever they ship!!
Can't they get another shipment by the 24th?

------------------
Ti 500/384/20/Airport
------------------
Pismo 500/256/12/Airport
------------------
iMac DV SE 400/128/12/Airport
------------------
iBook Blueberry 300/96/3/Airport
------------------
Other stuff
------------------
Epson 980 and 740i
------------------
SoundSticks
------------------
Visor Prism
------------------
Palm V (not being used)

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Mar 20, 2001, 04:11 PM

Ohhh, I guess I'm going to have to be one of the first ones at Comp USA... Good call... That number is ridiculous, but then again, our frame of reference may be somewhat askew.

"What do you mean you don't have 1000 Texas Barbie Dream Pageant Dolls!!!!

------------------

Misha
Professional Poster
Mar 20, 2001, 04:37 PM

When OS 8.5 came out I remember my local CompUSA only got about 10 copies for launch... the larger mail order shops are expected to get just a few hundred initially, from what I hear...

slider
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2001, 07:20 PM

Gosh, I have been going back and forth so many times. Ordered on 2/3/01 from the Apple Store, then saw that Outpost was going to ship guaranteeing Saturday delivery, then I read post of people saying they were going to get a copy at CompUSA, then The Apple Store upgrades my order to Saturday delivery. Emotions rising and falling each time, did I get jipped, will I not get by Saturday. Man, 4 more days, thank god. I'm just glad it worked out for me. Good luck to all that are planning to be the first in the stores, I'll be sleeping in (ya right).

JustinHoMi
Forum Regular
Mar 20, 2001, 08:47 PM

Our local compusa has 60 copies in stock, but in a cage! Argh. Oh well, not much hope of getting it before the 24th....

Gametes
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2001, 09:02 PM

Misha, will you please make PowerBookDude shorten his signature?
I mean, c'mon pbDude, just put it all in one line!
you are not your signature

Forum Links
Forum Rules