Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Wireless Mouse Recommendations?

Wireless Mouse Recommendations?
Douglashh
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2008, 01:12 AM

I've had it with my Apple Wireless Mouse. All batteries crap out after 1 week of use. Am really tired of Mouse going dead so quickly.

What Wireless Mouse recommendations can anyone make? Model, price and battery life would be appreciated.

Thanks

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 10, 2008, 01:25 AM

This looks quite nice, I have no experience with it though:

Microsoft Bluetooth® Wireless Laser Mouse 8000

I have the notebook version of this mouse and I love it. The notebook version is smaller, cheaper. Battery life is fantastic, two AAA batteries seem to last forever. Months, anyway:
Microsoft Bluetooth® Notebook Mouse 5000

edit: I got the notebook version on sale at Best Buy for about $30, IIRC.
ice

Jacke
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 10, 2008, 08:25 AM

You can have a look at this previous thread: http://forums.macnn.com/57/consumer-...ks-what-other/

I've got a Logitech v470 myself that I'm satisfied with; however, it makes a difference which batteries I put in it. After the ones that came with it ran out I just grabbed the cheapest I could find, those lasted about a week/pair... After that I got a couple of rechargable 2100mAh, working splendidly with those so far.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Apr 15, 2008, 10:32 AM

I just ordered a Logitech MX Revolution from Amazon. There was a $20 MIR available but unfortunately it's expired now as you had to have purchased it on or before April 14th. Still, I'm excited to get it. It's definitely the best mouse on the market now. Expensive, but very good. This is to replace my aging MX1000, which has given me over three years of faithful service. But the scroll wheel won't register clicks anymore (it only scrolls) and it's out of warranty.

Logitech's fast RF wireless is super precise and lag-free and it has laser tracking.

Microsoft's mice aren't bad, but I find them to be a little flimsier than Logitech's mice. Maybe they've changed in the last year or two, but I didn't like the last one I had.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

mduell
Posting Junkie
Apr 16, 2008, 09:07 PM

Simon
Posting Junkie
Apr 17, 2008, 03:39 AM

Get a Logitech mouse. IME they're much more solid than MS'.

deemoss
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 2008, 01:23 PM

I had the Mighty Mouse for a week and Logitech v470 for three days now (both bluetooth). Love the Logitech. you can modify the v470 in a way that you cannot MM giving you super smooth scrolling see my post: http://forums.macnn.com/57/consumer-...scrolling-mod/

D

mkerr64
Senior User
May 11, 2008, 10:51 PM

MX revolution, comfortable, useful and it works (steermouse)
R.I.P Steve Jobs

Forum Links
Forum Rules