Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Status of Dreamweaver 5

Status of Dreamweaver 5
MojoRising022
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 23, 2001, 11:34 AM

Over the last few years, Dreamweaver releases have typically occurred in November or December. I took a look at Macromedia's site to see if anything was announced regrading an update's availability, and this is what I found in their Dreamweaver FAQ:

Why hasn't Dreamweaver 5 been announced? I've noticed that new versions of Dreamweaver usually ship in November or December.
We are extending the normal release cycle to support emerging Web technologies, provide enhanced integration with Flash, and take better advantage of server technologies.

When will Dreamweaver 5 be available?
As usual, release dates are not public.

I could not find anything on their site regarding a Fireworks release date, but it is reasonable to assume they will ship together, as they have with recent releases. On the bright side, at least Windows users have to wait also.

We all complained at Adobe's lack of support for OS X in the past, but a native Illustrator has been released. GoLive and InDesign beta's have surfaced and their releases are imminent. Mac users ire should be directed towards Macromedia...not only are they slow to market with natve OS X applications, but they a large porition (about half) of their products do not (and according to them, most likely never will) support the Mac platform.

Forum Links
Forum Rules