Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I just got my 17 inch! A few questions...

I just got my 17 inch! A few questions...
drainyoo
Senior User
Mar 21, 2003, 09:05 PM

First I have to say this thing is just AMAZING!!!!! I cant believe how quiet it is!!

Ok now for my questions.

What is the easiest way to move all my stuff and preferences to my New Laptop from my old laptop?

How do I log in as root to delete my OS9 folder?

Thanks.
i hate project managers.

JayTi
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 21, 2003, 09:11 PM

There are a lot of options, but the one I most highly suggest is that you don't move everything When working with a clean install you have a lot of options and I would personally spend the extra half an hour or so installing the programs you use and settings things up. One time when I used Clone Copy my powerbook wouldn't boot due to a different OS so I had to reinstall the OS.

Thats just my opinion though.
Am I still here?

drainyoo  (op)
Senior User
Mar 21, 2003, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by JayTi:
There are a lot of options, but the one I most highly suggest is that you don't move everything When working with a clean install you have a lot of options and I would personally spend the extra half an hour or so installing the programs you use and settings things up. One time when I used Clone Copy my powerbook wouldn't boot due to a different OS so I had to reinstall the OS.

Thats just my opinion though.
well my apps i will reinstall, but im talking about my user folder. can I just copy that over?
i hate project managers.

Forum Links
Forum Rules