Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Photoshop Elements printing brutally slow

Photoshop Elements printing brutally slow
WizOSX
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2005, 12:20 PM

I use Photoshop 7 on Windows and decided to give Elements 3.0 a try on my Macs. I downloaded the trial version from Adobe. Overall it works nicely, very much like PS 7. However, the printing speed is brutally slow--i.e. about three minutes to print one simple page. Is this a function of the trial version or true for others who own Elements 3.0?

My specs--Powerbook 12", 1.33ghz, 1.25gb RAM. Printer--HP 1220 Laserjet.

WizOSX  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2005, 08:44 PM

Does anyone own Photoshop Elements 3.0 for Mac? And an HP Laserjet? Anyone's feedback on the program would be greatly appreciated.

jamerican
Jan 30, 2005, 11:49 AM

Originally posted by WizOSX:
Does anyone own Photoshop Elements 3.0 for Mac? And an HP Laserjet? Anyone's feedback on the program would be greatly appreciated.
I own PE3 and use it on a G5 Dual 2GHZ machine. I print to an Epson Stylus Pro R200 and have not had any time problems with printing.
I did, however, have a time problem with it opening images from a folder I had under my user name. After moving this folder to a shared/public folder, everything started to work fine. Check the PE forum at Adobe.com to see if there are any problems like yours.
2007 iMac 24" 2.4 Core2Duo (currently 1Gig Ram), 4 FW400 hd's, 1 FW 800 HD, Brother MFC420N,, Liteon DVD-RW, Epson R320.

WizOSX  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 30, 2005, 12:13 PM

Thanks, jamerican, for the tip in the Adobe forum. I should have thought of that, I guess.

Overall, do you like PE 3.0? Any other weaknesses? On Amazon I noticed that people panned it. But so far it seems fine to me (other that the printing).

jamerican
Jan 31, 2005, 12:04 PM

Originally posted by WizOSX:
Thanks, jamerican, for the tip in the Adobe forum. I should have thought of that, I guess.

Overall, do you like PE 3.0? Any other weaknesses? On Amazon I noticed that people panned it. But so far it seems fine to me (other that the printing).
I do like it although I am not a very heavy user. I had the full version of Photoshop in the old days (overkill), and I was very happy when Elements came out. It does what I want without the heavy price tag.
2007 iMac 24" 2.4 Core2Duo (currently 1Gig Ram), 4 FW400 hd's, 1 FW 800 HD, Brother MFC420N,, Liteon DVD-RW, Epson R320.

Forum Links
Forum Rules