Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > I really miss Snap-To

I really miss Snap-To
android8
Dec 29, 2002, 10:43 AM

Am I the only one??? You know,- that indispensible little piece of shareware that auto snaps the cursor to the default button, whenever a dialog box appears on your screen. It's only available for OS 9 users I've even thought of learning to program, just so that I could make it myself. Since I'm absolutely possitive that I don't have the skills it requires, I was wondering wether one of you guys did.
Pleeeeeze Someone!!! Make an OS X version of Snap-To

please please please please please!!!!!!!!!!!

Indispensable MacOS X Software, music videos, music, science...

Please note: Speling erors are intentionel and are in play to sea if you pik up on them (i.e. the erors are their for a reason). So plaese, no mor emails regurding speling...an englihs is nod my mohter tongue. Tnhx!

Gul Banana
Mac Elite
Dec 29, 2002, 10:47 AM

Could be done with an APE module, if anybody wants...
[vash:~] banana% killall killall
Terminated

android8  (op)
Dec 29, 2002, 11:15 AM

Here's some links_

Here's one to versiontracker.com Look at the reviews!! It's probably the highest rated pice of software on the entire site!

http://www.versiontracker.com/morein...id=4074&db=mac

Developer site:

http://www.edenware.com/snap-to/

Indispensable MacOS X Software, music videos, music, science...

Please note: Speling erors are intentionel and are in play to sea if you pik up on them (i.e. the erors are their for a reason). So plaese, no mor emails regurding speling...an englihs is nod my mohter tongue. Tnhx!

Synotic
Mac Elite
Dec 29, 2002, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by android8:
Am I the only one??? You know,- that indispensible little piece of shareware that auto snaps the cursor to the default button, whenever a dialog box appears on your screen. It's only available for OS 9 users I've even thought of learning to program, just so that I could make it myself. Since I'm absolutely possitive that I don't have the skills it requires, I was wondering wether one of you guys did.
Pleeeeeze Someone!!! Make an OS X version of Snap-To

please please please please please!!!!!!!!!!!
Wouldn't it just be easier to hit the return button?

yeslekmc
Dec 29, 2002, 05:41 PM

Originally posted by Synotic:
Wouldn't it just be easier to hit the return button?
Not when you're using a GUI app that is mouse, and or pen (with a tablet) intensive. Your hands will not be near the keyboard. The problem exacerbates as you introduce multiple monitors and dialogs start popping up one or two monitors away from where you are currently working on screen.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 30, 2002, 04:29 AM

Originally posted by yeslekmc:
Not when you're using a GUI app that is mouse, and or pen (with a tablet) intensive. Your hands will not be near the keyboard. The problem exacerbates as you introduce multiple monitors and dialogs start popping up one or two monitors away from where you are currently working on screen.
And on top of that, in general, I've noticed that the non-31337 do prefer to use a mouse. It's amazing how many people at the paper I work for will poke around at menus to quit or copy text rather than just use the keyboard shortcuts. And I mean, these aren't all computer-illiterate people. It's just that people's first instinct with a GUI is to want to do everything with the mouse.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

james
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2006, 12:38 PM

headbirth
Mac Elite
May 2, 2006, 08:51 AM

SideTrack has this option.

Forum Links
Forum Rules