Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving
Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2012, 09:49 AM

Family invasion in t-minus 4hrs and 10min. No, we aren't catering, we're cooking. Except for the HoneyBaked ham, which I had to procure last night. The turkey recipe is a personal concoction, as is the stuffing.

We are all blessed, whether by God or loved ones it makes no difference. Hold your family close and be thankful for each of them, life is fleeting so hold on to every second as long as you can. This will likely be the last I'll have with my paternal grandmother and she's the last of my parents' parents still alive, but at least she's able to spend time with her only great-granddaughter before she passes on.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

andi*pandi
Nov 22, 2012, 03:45 PM

Happy Thanksgiving. The last of the family just left, I have to decide whether to go to a friends informal hangout or just collapse. Everyone seemed to like the food, the kids all had a good time, the dog got tons of attention... worth all the cleanup/cooking effort.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2012, 04:57 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to you Shaddim and Andi, I love you both!

Shaddim  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 23, 2012, 12:13 AM

and we smashed the annual bridge tournament for the second year in a row! Even while stoned on L-Tryptophan. Didn't do so well in Rook, but it isn't really my game, my aunt and uncle won (5th year in a row). The best part was watching the baby, though. She was so excited to meet everyone, a week shy of 9 months old and she was walking around (mostly) blowing kisses and handing out cookies. Or at least she was trying, she accidentally broke most of the cookies and ended up handing out pieces, but it was the gesture that counts. Then she spent time with her great-grandmother and fell asleep in her lap, it made me tear up a little.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Forum Links
Forum Rules