Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Beige g3 Rez Problems.. Help!

Beige g3 Rez Problems.. Help!
Jerman
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 6, 2002, 01:57 AM

Hey. Ok, so I got this Beige G3/300 MT from a friend. Has 320 mb of ram, and the graphics upgrade chip (4 megs to bring it to a total of of course 6) It is also the latest rev. so it has the "3d Rage Pro". It did not come with a harddrive, so I got one and installed X on it. For some reason, X runs fine, and runs in millions of colors, but I am stuck at 640x480@67 hz. Tried resetting pRam, pressed the little reset switch thingy, etc. My other Beige G3/266 does fine running at 1024x768 without the ram upgrade. (Which on my 300 I DID try taking out) So, I am lost. If anyone can provide any help, I would greatly appreciate it, as I am planning on moving over to it from an iMac, should I get the kinks worked out.

drjoe
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 6, 2002, 05:53 AM

Originally posted by Jerman:
Hey. Ok, so I got this Beige G3/300 MT from a friend. Has 320 mb of ram, and the graphics upgrade chip (4 megs to bring it to a total of of course 6) It is also the latest rev. so it has the "3d Rage Pro". It did not come with a harddrive, so I got one and installed X on it. For some reason, X runs fine, and runs in millions of colors, but I am stuck at 640x480@67 hz. Tried resetting pRam, pressed the little reset switch thingy, etc. My other Beige G3/266 does fine running at 1024x768 without the ram upgrade. (Which on my 300 I DID try taking out) So, I am lost. If anyone can provide any help, I would greatly appreciate it, as I am planning on moving over to it from an iMac, should I get the kinks worked out.
Try unselecting the 'show modes recommended by display' option in 'displays' in system preferences.

Jerman  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 6, 2002, 04:31 PM

Did that and even 640x480 becomes unselectable.. Yet, I am displaying in millions of colors.. This is strange.

Jerman  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 7, 2002, 07:48 PM

Finally realized it was the settings on the Apple Display adapter to VGA or whatever it is called...

Forum Links
Forum Rules