Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Apps can't see downloaded photos, only camera photos

Apps can't see downloaded photos, only camera photos
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 19, 2020, 08:38 AM

I was trying to upload pictures to both Imgur and Reddit. In both cases, when I accessed the "Recent" album, the apps would only allow me to pick from pictures I'd taken with my phone. The pictures that I had downloaded into my camera roll (from Dropbox) weren't available. If I go into photos, all of the pictures are there inline with my camera pictures, but they're not available from the apps. I would guess this has something to do with all of the permission I have to give every app now that wants to access my photos maybe? Going through the Photos permissions, the apps have access to "all photos" so I should be good?

andi*pandi
Jan 6, 2021, 11:09 AM

I have noticed this also.

Forum Links
Forum Rules