Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Ideas For Creative Movie Props?

Ideas For Creative Movie Props? (Page 4)
andi*pandi
Aug 29, 2019, 09:59 AM

The wallet looks great. A little fading in the headshot looks like authentic bad quality stat machine work.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 30, 2019, 02:56 PM

Thank you!

reader50
Administrator
Aug 30, 2019, 03:38 PM

I like the 2nd example better. The faded blacks in the portrait match the fading of the text.

The first has far deeper blacks in the portrait than the text. btw, do gov bureaus in the future really let you keep glasses on for official ID shots?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 30, 2019, 04:02 PM

The original idea was to have a mini-shoot to take proper and consistent photos, but that idea is still sitting in triage. What ended up happening was the day before the shoot we asked for whatever they had which was “like an ID photo”, and worked with that. I messed with the photos a bit to make them paler, and add a little makeup, but I had about 10 minutes per photo to spare, so it’s not the best job. Director was also asleep by that point, so I didn’t want to make aggressive changes without asking.

Agent Early ended up bailing on us, so that example’s not going to end up in the movie.

He didn’t call, either, which was absolutely unforgivable when I started in the 90s, and is especially unforgivable in the 21st century.

****ing prick.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2019, 03:01 PM

Audience on the set today.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2019, 06:00 PM

Sudden moist. Tents were a good buy.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2019, 03:59 AM

Here’s a frame grab from the gun gag. Looks better in motion.

(It’s intentionally kinda dark. I’m trying to preserve detail in the white faces. I generally end up brightening the midtones, but that’s at a later stage)

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 3, 2019, 09:03 AM

The Holy Grail...

¾”, fine thread drywall screws. I was down to 3 from my two decade old box.

1” plywood is common on set, and you often have to screw thin pieces of metal to it. 1” screws poke out the other side. These don’t.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 9, 2019, 11:21 AM

Yesterday, because of rain, we didn’t get started until nine ****ing hours after call time.

It was worth it, though.

(Photo not by me)

That’s Agent Meklos on the left, from the badge photo, who looks much, much different with makeup..

He’s an interesting guy in real life. Was a cop, corrections officer, paramedic, and in the Air Force during Vietnam, where he got hit with Agent Orange, and needed one of his legs amputated.

There’s a scene where he needs to pull out some equipment, and he suggested making said equipment the battery pack in his leg.
( Last edited by subego; Sep 9, 2019 at 11:35 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules