Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Can't change the order of songs in a playlist if over 100 songs

Can't change the order of songs in a playlist if over 100 songs
Gummi Bear
Jul 21, 2003, 05:53 PM

I have a playlist of 80's music. In this playlist is over 100 songs. I can't change the order that they play in/are listed in.

Have you experienced this?
POWER MAC G4
Dual 1.42GHz, 2.0GB RAM, 120GB HD
NVIDIA GeForce4 Titanium
20.1" APPLE Cinema Display
CANON i950 Printer
iSight Camera

xtal
Senior User
Jul 21, 2003, 06:02 PM

Well, if your list of songs is sorted by any of the columns (indicated by a blue highlited column with a small triangle beside the text) and you hit the shuffle button, the songs will not re-sort, but they will play in 'shuffled' order in the playlist.

Does this help?

To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2003, 07:01 PM

Make sure the Track Number column is the highlighted one. Any other highlighted column will keep you from sorting your tracks. I have several 100+ playlists and have no trouble rearranging the tracks.
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

MrBS
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 21, 2003, 07:54 PM

Make sure the left most column is highlighted, not the track number. Otherwise you'll be stuck with all the track 1s, then all the track 2s, then al....

~BS

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
Jul 22, 2003, 02:32 AM

Originally posted by MrBS:
Make sure the left most column is highlighted, not the track number. Otherwise you'll be stuck with all the track 1s, then all the track 2s, then al....
I meant the track number for the playlist, not any albums in it; sorry if that caused confusion.
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

Forum Links
Forum Rules