Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Yes but...

Yes but...
Aiglos
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2003, 03:21 PM

I hate to rain on Apple's parade with the release of iTunes for Windows, I have to say i'm really glad they got it out sooner than i had hoped, but does iTMS work for Canadians yet? Did Jobs mention any international support? Just wondering...

I'm @ work so I can't install (win)iTunes.

Cna't wait to try it at home.
( Last edited by mindwaves; Oct 17, 2003 at 12:35 AM. )

xtal
Senior User
Oct 16, 2003, 03:29 PM

Originally posted by Aiglos:
Does iTMS work for Canadians yet? Did Jobs mention any international support?
<sigh> It doesn't look like it.

Still, I will try (in desperation) when I get home.

To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.

Aiglos  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2003, 03:34 PM

Hmmmm... oh well...

IIRC, i thought he (Jobs) mentioned that international support will be in place "before the end of the year" in the original iTMS speech so I guess they have till January for at least a Canadian release. I mean common! Canadian laws are so lax, I don't know what's taking so long! We're right accross the farking border!

-Q-
Oct 16, 2003, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by Aiglos:
Canadian laws are so lax, I don't know what's taking so long! We're right accross the farking border!
And I"m betting that's the problem right there. I'm sure Apple is have a hell of a time trying to convince the overlords at the RIAA/music labels to release their music in Canada b/c of that....

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Oct 16, 2003, 11:26 PM

I'm guessing sometime in Dec.

If ever in some parts of the world...

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Oct 16, 2003, 11:59 PM

Originally posted by -Q-:
And I"m betting that's the problem right there. I'm sure Apple is have a hell of a time trying to convince the overlords at the RIAA/music labels to release their music in Canada b/c of that....
...this has been covered so many times since the intro of itms....while it may seem sometimes that canada is little more than the 51st state when it comes down to economy, it is quite different when you get down to the record companies...and that is where the delays are....there are different contracts and different companies involved for many of the artists - it is incredibly complicated when you get right down to it...and for the population of this country etc etc etc i can understand why it may not have been at the top of apple's list (and yeah...i'd shop there if i could...). i personally think that now that the windows software is out, we will see some of the international agreements come on board soon now as now the potential market is so much greater than when it was mac only.

(oh yeah....nice descriptive thread title there.....and isn't there already a thread in here about itms for canada? /rant)
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2003, 12:17 AM

There are more PC users then Canadians.
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules