Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Has FedEx delivered your Panther yet?

Has FedEx delivered your Panther yet? (Page 3)
DanielPritchard
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 06:40 PM

I got the full retail box, and I just got it on Educational Discount. (Ordered from 800-MY-APPLE on Monday, and they shipped it yesterday, overnight).

How did you acquire it?

-Dan

Originally posted by xi_hyperon:
Just received Panther. I was surprised to get a manila packet with CDs and manuals instead of the retail box. Kinda sux as I've got every other OS X box since the public beta. Well, off to begin installing.

schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 24, 2003, 06:46 PM

Great...up to date package is delayed. I'll probably get the ADC mailing w/ 10.3 before this ships.

We appreciate your recent purchase from the Apple Store. Following is an update regarding the status of your order XXXX.

Due to an unexpected delay, we now anticipate shipping the following item(s) as follows:

M9231LL/A, MAC OS X PANTHER 10.3 FULFIL/UTD-USA will now ship on or before 10/29/2003

We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause.

mark9939
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 24, 2003, 06:55 PM

It's 4:54 MST... where's my Panther?!?!

-M
MBP 1.83 GHz CD/iPod 30GB

Spastik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 07:07 PM

Ordered the up-to-date version on Oct 8 for my PB15". From earlier posts, it appears that others in Ottawa (Canada) have got Panther already... so I guess it's just one of those things that cannot be explained. I don't feel as bad about complaining about the white spots on the screen anymore.

Hurm. Well at least I can read the forums and let y'all be my guinea pigs, I guess.

Hydra
Senior User
Oct 24, 2003, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by schk:
Great...up to date package is delayed. I'll probably get the ADC mailing w/ 10.3 before this ships.

We appreciate your recent purchase from the Apple Store. Following is an update regarding the status of your order XXXX.

Due to an unexpected delay, we now anticipate shipping the following item(s) as follows:

M9231LL/A, MAC OS X PANTHER 10.3 FULFIL/UTD-USA will now ship on or before 10/29/2003

I called to find out the status of my G5 up to date order (faxed order unfourtunately) and was told it shipped out already by US prioroty postal. I had called earler in the week and gave them my FedEx account number and was told it would be sent FedEx but they told me a mistake occured and it went out US mail Oh well whats a few more days.

-Jerry C.

Jbroad572
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 24, 2003, 07:12 PM

Same here. Oh well. What can ya do? Have to wait til next Friday. I will prob have the ADC copy before then as well.
17" Apple Powerbook 1.33ghz

Rain
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 24, 2003, 07:17 PM

Hey, at least you know where your Panther is. FedEx doesn't have a clue where the heck mine is The last record they have of it was Wednesday evening.

I'm telling ya, everyone back away from me. I'm bad luck with mails! (ha! mails/males, get it? lol).

powerbook867
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2003, 07:29 PM

well. I just got an e-mail saying that my order was delayed until the 29th!!!!!!!!!

Total suckage.....

JB72
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2003, 07:40 PM

Has FedEx delivered your Panther yet?

Yup. But I was out. Doh! Well at least it's FedEx so I can pick it up after 6PM.

I'm thinking I should have just done the "Night of the Panther" at the Apple stores. I would have picked up one of those tasty dog tags.

JohnM15141
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 24, 2003, 07:49 PM

I ordered the Family Pack version about two weeks ago using my .mac $20 renewal coupon. I choose the 5 day free delivery to lower the cost so, I was little surprised to see it today at 1PM california time since it shipped just yesterday. I'm glad I didn't opt for overnight delivery since thats how it came anyway.

Now I'm off to install it.

emark
Forum Regular
Oct 24, 2003, 08:00 PM

don't be suprised.

free shipping and upgrades to try to ensure arrival today were part of the overall strategy...

some people went and paid for it. I almost did, as I ordered late (Tuesday).

it wasn't clear that when the site said "delivery on the evening of the 24th" followed by the next screen offering three different shipping options that you didn't need to pay for it if you were ordering late . After calling the applestore, the rep informed me that bumped shipping was being added where possible for pre-orders, so to go w/ the free option.

sveral international readers reported early arrival. A carrier will often move lower priority pkgs. up to a faster shipment if time and space allow, as they never know what the next day/shipment will require.

good luck to those still waiting, it is SMOOTH.

and to -Q-

you are rude, and a chooch. The one thing that was clear was that shipping was w/ delivery intended for the evening of the 24th.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2003, 08:10 PM

No luck here. Ordered the up-to-date version and shipped Wed... got to Oakland Thursday, this morning... says its left TN at 1pm. WTF is that? So it MIGHT come tomorrow as they have a request in for Sat delivery. On top of that Apple charged me for next day shipping. On top of that I sent my 15" PowerBook back to get replaced for the white spot issue, and on top of THAT, it aint gonna be shipping back to me for 2-3 business days.

Gotta love it... the makings of a great weekend.

ae86_16v
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2003, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by xi_hyperon:
Just received Panther. I was surprised to get a manila packet with CDs and manuals instead of the retail box. Kinda sux as I've got every other OS X box since the public beta. Well, off to begin installing.
Yup. . . likewise.

BluThng
Oct 24, 2003, 08:44 PM

what the <beep>?

My panther still hasn't arrived! It's 8:45pm EST and it was suppose to arrive by 5pm. This sucks!!!!

I'm already having the worst week of my life and now this...grrr.
iN THe eND, iT DoeSN'T ReaLLy MaTTeR

| PowerBook G4 | 15.2" | 1.25GHz | 512MB | Combo | 60GB | AE | BT |

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2003, 08:49 PM

Got my up-to-date at about 4pm cst. Can't install it though. I have my 10 day old daughter to look after. Priorities.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

Rain
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 25, 2003, 02:42 AM

Originally posted by greenG4:
I have my 10 day old daughter to look after. Priorities.
Congratulation, GreenG4!

Update: My Panther is officially MIA. But I'm not too worried since I trust Apple and FedEx will rectify it.

SF_VR6
Oct 25, 2003, 02:58 AM

Originally posted by Drakino:
FedEx just delivered my upgrade package.

For anyone wondering, here is what came with the upgrade orders:

Upgrade bundle
thanks for the picture. So I guess the update includes all discs and documentation found in the in-store versions?

Did it come in the box or just flatt?

Drakino
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 25, 2003, 03:52 AM

Originally posted by SF_VR6:
thanks for the picture. So I guess the update includes all discs and documentation found in the in-store versions?

Did it come in the box or just flatt?
That yellow envelope is what it shipped in, no box. Panther CD 2 and 3 seem identical to the retail ones, CD 1 says Upgrade Disc. Haven't dug at it to see what is different yet.
<This space under renovation>

Forum Links
Forum Rules