Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > U.S. Muslims desecrate American flag

U.S. Muslims desecrate American flag (Page 3)
Macrobat
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2005, 09:46 AM

Sometimes it defends itself:

"That Others May Live"
On the ISG: "The nation's capital hasn't seen such concentrated wisdom in one place since Paris Hilton dined alone at the Hooters on Connecticut Avenue." - John Podhoretz

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Jun 13, 2005, 09:51 AM

No wonder the idiots in NY were only stepping on the flag and tore it up... their lighters must have been confiscated by their parents...

Morons.

macintologist
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2005, 10:06 AM

The epitome of a United States member of the armed forces is fighting and possibly dying for other people's freedoms to say and do things that make your blood boil.

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Jun 13, 2005, 10:51 AM

I think for many Americans, the American flag is the only "religion" they have. Many believe in God, but don't go to church, etc. so it's the only item that could offend them.

When I see someone burning the flag in protest, I get upset, but not upset enough to kill another human.

James L
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2005, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by BoomStick
I'm all for the pissing on korans in the street.

Lets builld a big ole bonfire with them.

If they burn, then we KNOW they are the words of satan.

Summary so far:

1) BoomStick thinks that if you burn a paper book, in this case the koran, that he will KNOW that they are the words of Satan.

POINT: Almost all paper burns... if you burned the bible and the consitution, would that make them also the works of Satan?

2) Somebody spelled MENSA as MEMSA while talking about intelligence... does anyone else find this funny?

3) Everyone all of a sudden wants to pull out their peepees and urinate in public. What a crazy world we live in. Everyone is pissed at the actions of a group of people, so the solution is to stoop completely to their level. Yes ladies and gentleman, instead of taking the high road, we are just going to pee on your book.

Ironically, while burning a flag could arguably be covered under the freedom of speech deal, I bet there are laws against urinating in public!!!

Keep going all, I can't wait to see what comes next!

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2005, 11:22 AM

James, have you not even seen a Monty Python episode?

If not, you truly are a sad individual.

Look up Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail then get back to me about the koran burning part.

It floats like a duck.

Macrobat
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2005, 12:00 PM

No, of course not, Boomstick. James L is perfect, witness his inability to understand a typo. Look down, genius, what's next to the "N" on your keyboard?
"That Others May Live"
On the ISG: "The nation's capital hasn't seen such concentrated wisdom in one place since Paris Hilton dined alone at the Hooters on Connecticut Avenue." - John Podhoretz

budster101
Baninated
Jun 13, 2005, 03:05 PM

Boom: HIlarious, I got that one. The "Witch" test.. LOL

James L
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2005, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Macrobat
No, of course not, Boomstick. James L is perfect, witness his inability to understand a typo. Look down, genius, what's next to the "N" on your keyboard?
the M. I use it often in words that have the letter M in them! I also use it when I make mistakes. The joke was not in the typo, but actually in the irony of mispelling the name of an organization of purported brilliant people, when insulting someone else's intelligence.

Now, let's get back to the "pee in public" retaliation everyone is discussing that will have the flag desecrators shaking in their boots.

I hope it isn't cold that day!

budster101
Baninated
Jun 13, 2005, 04:37 PM

You mean the flag desecrators that "OH MY" stood on our flag, wiped their feet with it then tore it up?
The horror of it all... I'll not sleep another night.

Pffft.

The funny thing is, they actually look like a bunch of retards. The thing that upsets me is these insults to retarded people are supporters of the scumbags that behead people. Innocent People. How ironic.

What good would it do to pee on the Koran? It would be funny, and they would all go insane watching it.
They would be the ones to attempt to kill someone desecrating the Koran... not us (Re: The Flag situation)

The colder the better!

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 13, 2005, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by budster101
I'm over it by the way. How can you stay upset with a bunch of monkies stomping on our flag? They look like a bunch of foolish children. Has anyone of you viewed the video?

I'd like to see the reactions though, of those same people as someone stepped on the Koran and then really flushed it down a commode. That would be interesting.
Hey, you know what, I've tolerated this enough. This racism needs to stop. You've gone completely beyond politics and religion and turned this into a race issue by calling them "monkies." Using it in that connotation is flat out racist and extremely offensive.

I'm not sure if racism is allowed in the Political/War Lounge, but I think it needs to stop.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2005, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon
I'm not sure if racism is allowed in the Political/War Lounge, but I think it needs to stop.
heh, not sure? It's encouraged if anything.

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2005, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by von Wrangell
heh, not sure? It's encouraged if anything.
Not sure about that. I think the mods have decided to leave us to our doom, because we are some kind of zany Brady bunch...

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2005, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by SimpleLife
Not sure about that. I think the mods have decided to leave us to our doom, because we are some kind of zany Brady bunch...
You could try it out by saying similar things to what has been said in this and many other threads just about a different group of people. You'd be banned before you know it or at least the thread would be closed before you are able to hit the submit button.

Like I said, just try it about another group of people and see the reaction.

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2005, 06:54 PM

You could try it out by saying similar things to what has been said in this and many other threads just about a different group of people. You'd be banned before you know it or at least the thread would be closed before you are able to hit the submit button.

Like I said, just try it about another group of people and see the reaction.
Hrrmm.. which group do you suggest?

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2005, 06:55 PM

Hrrmm.. which group do you suggest?
I'll let you decide

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2005, 06:59 PM

I'll let you decide
I have had plenty of strong opinions either as SimpleLife or angaq0k and I have not been blessed by many locks even for the topics I started; and believe me, did I get a hard time by the others?

Oh yes!

But never by the mods (not the official ones of the polounge, except for one).

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2005, 07:05 PM

heh, I know of several people that have been banned for much less than what has been posted in this thread. It all depends on which moderator you irritate enough.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2005, 09:05 PM

Oh come on, ya buncha crybabies.

insha
Senior User
Jun 13, 2005, 09:27 PM

Why thread is still not locked is somthing I truly don't understand?

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2005, 09:40 PM

Oh come on, ya buncha crybabies.
Satan is just behind you! DON'T LOOK!!

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2005, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by insha
Why thread is still not locked is somthing I truly don't understand?

I think they should lock the Pol Lounge, really.

PlacidTubs
Forum Regular
Jun 14, 2005, 08:04 AM

Or rename it to "the forum for blatant racist remarks".

I don't think I'm going to come into this political lounge again. Makes me a bit queasy.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2005, 08:30 AM

For the umteenthbillionth time.

ISLAM IS NOT A FREAKING RACE!!!!

It is a religion just as Christianity, Hinduism or Atheism.

Believe me y'all don't cry like a bunch of 2 year olds when the atheist scum are whacking away at Christians.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by PlacidTubs
Or rename it to "the forum for blatant racist remarks".

I don't think I'm going to come into this political lounge again. Makes me a bit queasy.
Yup. They should of course add something about the moderators just protecting certain groups and not others but that would perhaps be a bit too obvious. It's better this way to pretend to be moderating this forum.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 08:37 AM

For the umteenthbillionth time.

ISLAM IS NOT A FREAKING RACE!!!!

It is a religion just as Christianity, Hinduism or Atheism.

Believe me y'all don't cry like a bunch of 2 year olds when the atheist scum are whacking away at Christians.
Stop crying like a little tw*t. And start to learn English while you are at it.

race1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rs)
n.
A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
A genealogical line; a lineage.
Humans considered as a group.
Biology.
An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.
A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.
A distinguishing or characteristic quality, such as the flavor of a wine.

And again just so you won't miss it:

Main Entry: 3race
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French, generation, from Old Italian razza
1 : a breeding stock of animals
2 a : a family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock b : a class or kind of people unified by community of interests, habits, or characteristics <the English race>
3 a : an actually or potentially interbreeding group within a species; also : a taxonomic category (as a subspecies) representing such a group b : BREED c : a division of mankind possessing traits that are transmissible by descent and sufficient to characterize it as a distinct human type
4 obsolete : inherited temperament or disposition
5 : distinctive flavor, taste, or strength

bubblewrap
Senior User
Jun 14, 2005, 08:50 AM

So homosexuals are a seperate race?
To create a universe
You must taste
The forbidden fruit.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 08:52 AM

IMO, discussions and arguments are the way to improvement or better understanding, no matter how rediculious it gets...it'll bring out the best and worst in ppl. Banning it/ stopping it/preventing it/regulating it, will have the worst effect possible.....stagnation, segregation with increasing animosity.
Thats just my opinion.

Ive lived most of my life i nthe mid-east....had bibles, crusifixes and other non-muslim religious icons confiscated when travelling into the region at customs...it's better now, but thats their 'main' concern for some reason.
When flying through Detroit's Metro Wayne International airport, i have regularily seen muslims/arabs throwing tantrums when customs pull them aside check their belongings for bombs and the like. Slight difference in priority there eh ? i just think to myself...'serves you right for not promoting tolerance in your own country...now you know what it feels like'.

Oh well that aside....burning of US flags by US-Muslims.....when a person becomes a citizen, dont they swear allegions ? and dosent this...technically 'breach the contract'. If you ask me... ship em out.

What these people (as opposed to the educated muslims) dont understand is that America dosent give a flying fu*k what you beleive....whether it be the Lord, Allah, Budha or Satan. The region 'controlled' by the muslim world, just so happens to have what everyone wants....oil. And if they cant put political/economic/defencive measure to protect their assets....guess what.....tough. Its not got a damn thing to do with religion or nationality. (my opinion of course).

America uses 'freedom' (and a rather absurd notion called' preemption') as an excuse to secure a steady oil supply. The countries in the Mid-East try to protect and exploit their assets in the name of the common factor to all countries with abundant oil....religion.

Personally i dont think theres anything wrong with islam or with the way the American political system is set up (in fact i think the American political system is one of the best...especially when compared to the alternatives around the world). In the end it's just greedy men, trying to hold onto as much as they can, using religion and freedom as an excuse to an economic/financial end.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2005, 08:58 AM

posts nothing to do with topic......

Scarecrow, I'm gonna miss you most of all.

budster101
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by olePigeon
Hey, you know what, I've tolerated this enough. This racism needs to stop. You've gone completely beyond politics and religion and turned this into a race issue by calling them "monkies." Using it in that connotation is flat out racist and extremely offensive.

Uhm. Again. I was referring to them as children, and my vernacular as many when regarding monkies goes to not their race but their childish and monkey-like behavior. Turn the race-sensitivity meter down a bit, and turn up the reading comprehension meter.

I know that your ignorance of my vernacular is tolerated, and your false accusation of racism, so my comments should be allowed as well. Not a racist over here. Are you racist? Do you hate religious people? Do you hate Americans? The only hate I see is that of those "monkey / children" stomping on an American Flag.

Is calling them "children / monkies" going to enrage them enough to want to kill me?
Freedom of Speech.

PS: BTW: It has been said before and I'll repeat it for emphasis. Islam is not a race, but a Faith.

If I am racist, then all the Christian Bashers in here are Racists too. Just look in the Archives for their vitrolic posts against anything Christian / Catholic.

If anyone thinks I am a racist, then speak up! and be counted as the hypocrit you are.

-

You just want to get this thread locked or me banned. Don't like what I have to write? Ignore me.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by budster101
If anyone thinks I am a racist, then speak up! and be counted as the hypocrit you are.
:speaks up:

You've now a couple of times chosen terms that were nothing but racist, but when called on it you bring some lame excuse like the one above.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 09:23 AM

Scarecrow, I'm gonna miss you most of all.
I was just trying to help you to understand your own language. But I see that language skills isn't the onlyl thing severely lacking in you.

budster101
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 09:31 AM

:speaks up:

You've now a couple of times chosen terms that were nothing but racist, but when called on it you bring some lame excuse like the one above.

A religion is not a RACE. Now you may sit down, corrected.
Those idiots were acting like monkys... LIKE MONKEYS

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 09:44 AM

race1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rs)
n.
A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
A genealogical line; a lineage.
Humans considered as a group.
Biology.
An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.
A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.
A distinguishing or characteristic quality, such as the flavor of a wine.

And again just so you won't miss it:

Main Entry: 3race
Etymology: Middle French, generation, from Old Italian razza
1 : a breeding stock of animals
2 a : a family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock b : a class or kind of people unified by community of interests, habits, or characteristics <the English race>
3 a : an actually or potentially interbreeding group within a species; also : a taxonomic category (as a subspecies) representing such a group b : BREED c : a division of mankind possessing traits that are transmissible by descent and sufficient to characterize it as a distinct human type
4 obsolete : inherited temperament or disposition
5 : distinctive flavor, taste, or strength
Posted again to clarify for Budster what race means.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2005, 09:51 AM

So homosexuals are a race?
You never answered the question?

Better yet, are the boy scouts a race?

They are by your definition.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 09:54 AM

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 10:02 AM

If they can't be arsed moderating it or getting in people who would be willing to moderate it, then yes they should just lock this place.

budster101
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 10:13 AM

You are free to leave the forums. Nobody is keeping you here against your will... are they?

There's the 'kitten', you were being asked for in another thread.

-

I think the moderating is done quite well and with moderation as it should be. :

Kilbey
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 10:22 AM

So homosexuals are a race?
You never answered the question?

Better yet, are the boy scouts a race?

They are by your definition.

Well said.

Where's your answer von Wrangell?

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 12:01 PM

Islam is no race. It's a religion, a political system, a way of life (or death), but it's not a race.

I am against white muslims and Al-Qaeda members such as the shoe bomber Richard Reid.
I am against latin muslims and Al-Qaeda members such as Jose Padilla.
I am against middle eastern muslims, such as Osama and his band of perverted barbarians.
I am against black muslims, such as those bow tie wearing fascists in NOI.

Basically, I am against all terrorist and fascist muslims, regardless of their race or ethnicity. If you're a muslim and you're evil (a terrorist or supporter), then I am against you, and I don't really give a crap about your race, so don't flatter yourself.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 12:26 PM

So what would you linguistic geniouses call someone who hates Muslims and Islam. What would you call people like Pachead, Boomstick, budster101, Zimphire and the rest? Compassionate Conservatives? Republicans? Facists?

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 12:27 PM

They could if certain anti-Bush and religious zealots would learn to show some self control.

That is why it was put here in the first place.

The Lounge was being flooded with "Bush is teh sux0r" threads and "Religion Makes my ass hurt" threads.

Most everyone got sick of it.

So they made a new temporary forum.

Well it looks to be permanent now.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 12:28 PM

Yup. They should of course add something about the moderators just protecting certain groups and not others but that would perhaps be a bit too obvious. It's better this way to pretend to be moderating this forum.
And that is a bunch of crap. I've been banned in here what.. 5 times?

The mods poop on both groups equally.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 12:31 PM

\
He wasn't crying. he was making fun of you using the term racist improperly.

racism |ˈrāˌsizəm| noun the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. • prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief : a program to combat racism

If someone is telling you another def, it's a very LIBERAL one that makes no sense what-so-ever.

For something to be RACIST RACE has to be involved.

Otherwise the term you are looking for is "bigot"

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kilbey
Well said.

Where's your answer von Wrangell?
My answer? My answer is that I know a racist when I see one.

I could walk right past him, talk to him, etc etc and he would have no problem with me. If I would look "Muslim" I couldn't do any of the above. That's racism. He can try to hide it, just like Zimphire and Pachead, under the banner of just hating Islam and Muslims(and no race) but it's still racism. Perhaps you haven't noticed but none of them have denied hating Islam and Muslims. Why do you think that is? It's because they know that no term is as strong as the "racism" label and therefore they spend more time on trying to duck from that label instead of denying that they hate Muslims/Islam.

It's racism at it's very worst. The fools don't even know they are racists.

eklipse
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 01:16 PM

Main Entry: race
2 ... b : a class or kind of people unified by community of interests, habits, or characteristics
By that definition, disliking pretty much anything would make you a racist.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2005, 01:20 PM

And you aren't?

Hypocrite.

Sorry to burst your bubble, one of my best friends is a converted muslim of Arabic descent.
He saw through the deception of mohammad and realized that the one true God is the God of the Jews.

Well it does help that he flew Mig 21's in the Iraqi Air Force and we pilots consider each other brothers no matter who you fly for as long as you fly and aren't some ground dweller.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 01:25 PM

Ah, the stock answer. How predictable...

PlacidTubs
Forum Regular
Jun 14, 2005, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by PacHead
I am against white muslims and Al-Qaeda members such as the shoe bomber Richard Reid.
I am against latin muslims and Al-Qaeda members such as Jose Padilla.
I am against middle eastern muslims, such as Osama and his band of perverted barbarians.
I am against black muslims, such as those bow tie wearing fascists in NOI.
Hitler was against black, white, middle easten jews.

Oh, so thats alright then? Because Judaism isn't a race?

(****, forgot I wasn't supposed to come back here. I feel like one of those people that slow down when they pass car crashes.)

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 01:35 PM

"We are the Knights of Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! Now bring us a shrubbery!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules