Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > U.S. Muslims desecrate American flag

U.S. Muslims desecrate American flag (Page 4)
CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by von Wrangell
My answer? My answer is that I know a racist when I see one.

I could walk right past him, talk to him, etc etc and he would have no problem with me. If I would look "Muslim" I couldn't do any of the above. That's racism. He can try to hide it, just like Zimphire and Pachead, under the banner of just hating Islam and Muslims(and no race) but it's still racism. Perhaps you haven't noticed but none of them have denied hating Islam and Muslims. Why do you think that is? It's because they know that no term is as strong as the "racism" label and therefore they spend more time on trying to duck from that label instead of denying that they hate Muslims/Islam.

It's racism at it's very worst. The fools don't even know they are racists.

Oh! Oh! You forgot me! I'm a racist, too! Can I be a racist?

Ni!

discotronic
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2005, 02:07 PM

To all the people in this thread that think the American Flag is just a piece of cloth you need to take a step back and realize what you are saying.

Tell my grandfather that it is just a piece of cloth. The years he spent in the Pacific during WWII and on the ground in Korea would say otherwise.

Tell my best friend's grandfather the same. He was on a ship that was torpedoed during WWII. He lost many friends because of the flag and what it stands for.

I have another friend and mentor who was stationed with the Marines in Vietnam as a Navy Hospital Corpsman (Medic). He has seen death like most people have never imagined because of the flag that means nothing to some people here.

I have a great uncle that fought in Europe and another who served in the Pacific during WWII.

I have many friends who have served or are still serving to protect this country.

I've also served my country and it's piece of cloth called a flag because of what it stands for. Most people who say that it is just a piece of cloth have no concept of it's meaning. They have no concept of the lives that are forever changed because of the flag's promise.

Freedom isn't given. It is fought for. The US isn't the only country to it's blood spilt in the pursuit of it. Every democratic county has had to fight for freedom and all have seen their people die in pursuit of it. Go ahead and say the same thing about your flag to the people who have fought for it.

It is easy to say stupid things like the flag is just a piece of cloth while in cyberspace. Try going down to your local VFW and saying it. Better yet, why don't you come and knock at my door and say it.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by discotronic
It is easy to say stupid things like the flag is just a piece of cloth while in cyberspace. Try going down to your local VFW and saying it. Better yet, why don't you come and knock at my door and say it.
oooh, tough guy

Well, I agree with you for most of what you said. There was one error in your post though and that was the part that all democratic states have had to fight for their freedom etc. That's false.

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 02:18 PM

Better yet, why don't you come and knock at my door and say it.
Naw, cuz you probably know how to use a firearm.

Well said.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by eklipse
By that definition, disliking pretty much anything would make you a racist.
Pretty much. It gives those who like that word easy trollilibility.
If it doesn't involve race, it is not racist.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 02:31 PM

And still none of you have denied hating Muslims/Islam. How telling

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2005, 02:38 PM

You have never denied hating Americans.

How tellin....waitaminit we already figured that out a long time ago.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by BoomStick
You have never denied hating Americans.

How tellin....waitaminit we already figured that out a long time ago.
I did that earlier today(the last time I did that).

Since direct linking to posts doesn't work here's the link to reply to my post.

http://forums.macnn.com/newreply.php...eply&p=2567169

edit: heh, just noticed that you posted right after me. Perhaps you should start reading(and comprehending) the posts of those you accuse of hate.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 14, 2005, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by budster101
A religion is not a RACE. Now you may sit down, corrected.
Those idiots were acting like monkys... LIKE MONKEYS
I wasn't refering to any religion, and that's not what you said. You said "How can you stay upset with a bunch of monkies stomping on our flag?" You called them monkies, period. You didn't say like a monkey, or acting as if they were monkies. You called them monkies behaving like children.

It is obvious what you were implying and now you're trying to back up after several people have called you on it.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon
I wasn't refering to any religion, and that's not what you said. You said "How can you stay upset with a bunch of monkies stomping on our flag?" You called them monkies, period. You didn't say like a monkey, or acting as if they were monkies. You called them monkies behaving like children.

It is obvious what you were implying and now you're trying to back up after several people have called you on it.
In the Gitmo thread he referred to them as "desert people" then tried to retract it as well. Such a shame to see that this is accepted here.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 14, 2005, 04:22 PM

To all the people in this thread that think the American Flag is just a piece of cloth you need to take a step back and realize what you are saying.

*snip*
You have brought up some very valid points. My grandfather was also in Pearl Harbor on the U.S.S. Nevada when they were bombed, and it is disconcerting when people burn the American Flag. Often all that families have left to cherish from fallen loved ones is the flag.

It hurts like hell and people get angry when that happens. Which is why I find it ironic that people like Budster goes out of his way (even outside of the Political/War lounge) to talk about urinating on the Koran. Obviously their religious book is just as important to them as the American Flag is to a lot of us.

Budster's lack of respect for other cultures beliefs and constant advocation for the desecration of their religious texts renders any opinion he may have on the symbolism of the American Flag irrelavant.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Jun 14, 2005, 04:39 PM

I'm not lacking in respect for cultures, unless that culture condones acting like a bunch of monkies and stomping on a flag... Now that is culture...

Do they represent Islam? No. Do they represent the Fundamentalist Faction of those who wish us all (WESTERNERS) dead? Yes. Why should I respect them?

Koran < It's a book. If the fundamentalist are upset, so what? Have I urinated on a Koran? Nope, just joked about it as I'd love to see the reaction of the childish monkey imitators who stomped on the US Flag.

Got a problem with that? Too bad.

I've traveled all over the world and have a great deal of respect for all other cultures, and I have no patience for the uncultured.

Try and use me as a scapegoat for your hatred of all that is not Islam.

bubblewrap
Senior User
Jun 14, 2005, 07:36 PM

I've searched and searched and can't find any posts of von defending any other religion when it is attacked. Maybe I suck at the search function.

Still no matter how much crap comes out of muslims, Americans don't take to the streets and burn flags en mass. If they have, it's never gotten much newsplay.
To create a universe
You must taste
The forbidden fruit.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 07:39 PM

budster101
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 07:40 PM

What a bunch of morons! Did they stomp on it like a bunch of monkies?

bubblewrap
Senior User
Jun 14, 2005, 07:45 PM

AAAHAHAHA! The UN flag! The UN is nothing. A corrupt bunch of monkies.
Not a nation, or a race of people. Just a corrupt organization.

I found that one. 2004. Been a while.

I can't find a Palestinian flag burning anywhere.
To create a universe
You must taste
The forbidden fruit.

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 07:51 PM

The UN flag is in dire need of a total redesign.

As bubblewrap correctly points out, the UN flag doesn't mean squat.

budster101
Baninated
Jun 14, 2005, 07:54 PM

One group of idiots burning a UN Flag that represents corruption... no biggie here. Who actually was outraged by that?

bubblewrap
Senior User
Jun 14, 2005, 07:57 PM

2 Frenchmen?
To create a universe
You must taste
The forbidden fruit.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 15, 2005, 06:54 AM

And oh yeah....another point worth mentioning.

These US-Muslim-immigrants/whatever..... they dont seem to care that the mid-east for the most part (not all of it) still oppresses women, is for the most part not for democracy(due to rich 'monarchs' who will never give it up). Having people/organizations like Saddam, Al-Queda, Hammas and the taliban run freely, desicrating the Quran in the worst way possible seems to be alright, and not worthy of a protest of any kind whether in the mid-east or in the free world. And then when they hear rumours of a copy of a Quran being desecrated physically...they start barking.
hehe...i wonder why the Americans in the mid-east never burnt the Quran or flags when the whole 9/11 thing happened....oh wait...yeah i almost forgot..... there's no free speach in the mid east, and if they did that, chances are they'd never live to see the sun rise the next day....... but as far as the US-Mulims/immigrants go....the lack of free speech in the mid-east is A-O.K.

Pisses me off to the bone.

budster101
Baninated
Jun 15, 2005, 10:14 AM

3 frenchmen. Don't you need more than 2 for a group?

2 - Couple.
3 - Group.
4 - Mob.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 15, 2005, 01:37 PM

I'm not lacking in respect for cultures, unless that culture condones acting like a bunch of monkies and stomping on a flag... Now that is culture...
Now you're changing it and posting multiple times. Cute.

Do they represent Islam? No. Do they represent the Fundamentalist Faction of those who wish us all (WESTERNERS) dead? Yes. Why should I respect them?
Except that, as you like to point out, all of them are like that. And that Islam is the problem. Now you're only repeating what I've told you, that these people don't represnet the principals upon which Islam is based.

You flip flop worse than John Kerry.

Koran < It's a book. If the fundamentalist are upset, so what? Have I urinated on a Koran? Nope, just joked about it as I'd love to see the reaction of the childish monkey imitators who stomped on the US Flag.
Right, and the American Flag is "just" a piece of cloth. You used "imitator" this time. Good job. So the next time you're being a racist, bigoted *ssh*le you know how to cover your tracks.

I've traveled all over the world and have a great deal of respect for all other cultures, and I have no patience for the uncultured.
Your contradictions continue to amaze me. You've stated that Islam is the problem. That it teaches hatred. That all Muslims are the enemy. You don't need to know the enemy because humanizing them makes it more difficult to kill them. You generalize all Mosques as a haven for terrorists. That sympothizing and defending non-violent, upstanding Muslims is siding with the enemy and betraying the freedoms we hold dear in this country.

By the way, how can someone be "uncultured?"

Try and use me as a scapegoat for your hatred of all that is not Islam.
No, I think you're grasping for a reason to label me a Muslim so you can justify to yourself for hating me.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 15, 2005, 01:41 PM

What a bunch of morons! Did they stomp on it like a bunch of monkies?
I think you should use more synonyms. Woops, don't want to be racist again.

budster101
Baninated
Jun 15, 2005, 04:22 PM

What are you talking about. I have changed NOTHING.

I think you should critique my posting style some more.

Forum Links
Forum Rules