Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Personal Organizer/Leopard Compatibility?

Personal Organizer/Leopard Compatibility?
Scout337
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 8, 2007, 04:51 PM

Afternoon.

Wondering if anyone here is successfully using Personal Organizer 4.5 on Leopard. Have experimented with the latest version of Organizer on 10.4.11, and performance was poor. Would like to move to Leopard, but the contact manager has to work.

Thanks!

malcolm
Mar 21, 2008, 04:35 PM

Hi Scout - - I would love to know the same thing... does Personal Organizer work with Leopard...
Have you found out anything since your post?
Thanks,
Malcolm

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 21, 2008, 04:38 PM

I don't know Personal Organizer, but I'm staying away from Chronos software. Their support and updates are horrible.

I have used ChronoSync in the past, but stopped due to issues.
I looked into SOHO notes, and ran across MANY bad customer service comments on the web. Chronos does not have a good track record of reliability.

If I as you, I'd look into software from a different vendor.

-t

malcolm
Mar 21, 2008, 04:49 PM

Hi turtle... you're absolutely right about Chronos... but 99% of the bad feelings, and bad reviews, came from furious Personal Organizer users who loved P.O. and then had to watch as it was abandoned and replaced by SOHO Organizer, which was buggy and awful, from all accounts.
I'm one of those, and I suspect Scout, the thread starter is the same, who still use Personal Organizer, because it worked so well... and I hate to give it up now that I'm switching to Leopard.
I don't want to go with SOHO Organizer (which has been updated for Leopard) because, although it seems to have improved, it STILL seems to get a lot of bad reviews; and frankly, I haven't read anything too good about any of the alternatives...
So for me, it's either stay with Personal Organizer, if it will work with Leopard, or switch to iCal, which I'd rather not do but might have to.
Regards,
Malcolm

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 21, 2008, 07:43 PM

You are right, SOHO Organizer is Leopard ready.

However, I wouldn't trust Chronos with my data. Too many people got screwed and lost it all. I would stay clear until they clearly establish themselves as an outfit with great customer service orientation.

-t

Hal Itosis
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2008, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
I don't know Personal Organizer, but I'm staying away from Chronos software.
Their support and updates are horrible. I have used ChronoSync in the past,
but stopped due to issues.

Chronos LLC
(in Utah), makers of SOHO software products, have absolutely *nothing* to do with
Econ Technologies, Inc.
(in Florida), authors of "ChronoSync" backup software (among other things).

AFAIK.

I don't know what issues you have with ChronoSync (if that wasn't a typo on your part), but
it seems to work even better in Leopard. (Not that its Tiger behavior was any real problem).

i.e., ChronoSync has been prett'near perfect for many years now.
-HI-

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 22, 2008, 02:23 AM

Alright, my bad. Not the same company.

But I still have issues with ChronoSync. I tried to backup my iTunes library to a different computer, but CS would at random bring error messages about how it couldn't copy files due to access authorization problems. Well, I'm the owner and administrator on both computers, all the files had the correct ownership set (did chown on them), but ChronoSync insisted.

Well, I just dumped it for Synchronize! Pro X.

-t

pcryan5
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 22, 2008, 02:26 AM

<>i.e., ChronoSync has been prett'near perfect for many years now.

That has been my experience as well. Their tech support has also been very responsive. No complaints whatsoever.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 22, 2008, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by pcryan5 View Post
That has been my experience as well. Their tech support has also been very responsive. No complaints whatsoever.
Well, I can't speak of ChronoSync's tech support, since it is not the same as Chronos.

But at any rate, forget my confusion about ChronoSync. Stay clear of CHRONOS and all SOHO products. That's the message.

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules