Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP and 30" Cinema Display

MBP and 30" Cinema Display
stwf
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 23, 2008, 10:30 AM

Hello All,

Really looking forward to getting a new monitor, and tired of waiting for Apple to update them. I think my best solution is to get the 30" and hook it up to a MBP.

It says its supported, but I'd like to hear the opinions of people who have this setup... I'd suppose for regular work its fine, right? The monitor is suppported at full resolution. Any tearing or slow redraw/flicker issues?

How about for games? I'm not huge into gaming but I'd like to make sure my favorites can play at a reasonable level. How is Warcraft (Not WoW)? Rise of Nations? Spore?

Any feedback from people with this setup would be greatly appreciated.

steve

packet of krisps
Jun 23, 2008, 01:10 PM

My Dad has that configuration, he's got the 8600GTm, with 256MB of video. It runs every thing fine nothing is slow or flickery, etc. Warcraft can run fine on a 100Mhz Pentium with integrated video, I think you are in the clear for that one, I don't know about any other games on it.

Which revision of the MBP do you have?

[15" MacBook Pro 2.6 Ghz] [G4 733] [G4 MDD DP 1.25]

Forum Links
Forum Rules