Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Help with ThemePark

Help with ThemePark
jerseyfreeze
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2003, 01:28 PM

I've decided to try to figure out ThemePark so I can make small modifications to the great themes that OS X themers have created. For now, I'm only interested in combining the windowbar widgets from one theme with another entire theme.

I'm having trouble understanding the 'help' file from ThemePark itself. Here's what it reads:

You can merge your ThemePark template with your currently installed theme to create a variation of an existing theme, or to transition an older theme to use ThemePark's templates. To do this, install the theme you with to modify into your operating system. Run ThemePark and choose New Theme from the File menu. The graphical elements in your new theme default to those of the installed theme, the one you wish to merge.

To merge elements from the installed theme, navigate through your ThemePark template to the entry for which you wish to begin merging and select Merge With Installed Elements from the Theme menu. The selected element and all unmodified child elements will be set with the contents of the currently installed theme. Elements you have already modified are not affected.

Now, when you save or export your theme, both the elements you have explicitly modified and the elements you have merged will be stored and are no longer dependent on which theme is installed in your operating system.

Likewise, to remove any changes you have made to a hierarchy of theme elements, navigate through your ThemePark template to the entry for which you wish to remove customization and choose Discard Modified Elements from the Theme menu. The selected element and all children elements will revert to an unset state, in which they display the contents of the currently installed theme, but will not be saved or exported.
Here's what I was doing:

I would install Theme A using ThemeChanger, then open ThemePark and go to FIle: New Theme. I would make no changes, but save the new theme as "Theme A mod." Then, I would close ThemePark, and install Theme B with ThemeChanger. I would then open the newly created Theme A mod and highlight the various widget files, clicking on Theme: Merge with Installed Elements.

But when I would save, my changes wouldn't have taken place, and instead, Theme A mod would have been replaced with Theme B in its entirety.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jason

Forum Links
Forum Rules