Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iReview is gone!

iReview is gone!
Thunderbird
Senior User
Feb 22, 2001, 12:22 AM

Apple has removed iReview from the web site. I guess it was a failure... too bad, I very much enjoyed the Mac-centric reviews.

bleen
Senior User
Feb 22, 2001, 12:57 AM

... or Apple just put it in iTools in the redesign. No one knows yet though beacsue iTools is still down.

TT Esq
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 22, 2001, 01:05 AM

Very interesting -- it was up for a while, then now (9:05 PST) it's down again.

The iTools page was totally redesigned with a "sleeker" look, but I honestly don't remember whether if iReview was still there.

TT Esq
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 22, 2001, 01:16 AM

Upon further examination -- Apple's site is acting a little quirky.

If either the Apple logo or Store tabs are selected, then there's no iReview.

But if you select either iTools or iCards, then the iReview tab reappears.

If you select iReview, it has a note that it's down for scheduled maintenance.

So it does look like our iReview will be back!

bleen
Senior User
Feb 22, 2001, 01:50 AM

Looks like there are still problems with Apple's site redesign, Apple made thinner tabs that don't include iReview, but one sites like when you click on itools you get the older larger tabs that have iRevew. I just think Apple's site redesign covered all websites.

spicyjeff
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 22, 2001, 02:18 AM

iReview was just blended into iTools. You now need to log in to use iReview. I was able to get in right after the keynote but just checked now and the pages are down again.

WhubbaWoo
Feb 22, 2001, 04:39 PM

... The new iDisk is so much faster... **** ... its totally useable now... Im on DSL over airport and it downloaded a 200+k image in "under 5 seconds" <--- as the finder puts it...

It seemed like it was really about 3 seconds.

!!

Gangrene
Feb 22, 2001, 04:52 PM

No, iReview is gone. There's no sign of it at iTools, which is a shame because I really liked iReview and used it often.

Maybe Apple decided it didn't like the strong opinions expessed there, especially the negative ones.

Apple wants to promote bright, happy iMacs and boring iMovies about people's children.

bleen
Senior User
Feb 22, 2001, 05:14 PM

Yeah, iReview is gone. iTools looks a lot nicer now though

TT Esq
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 22, 2001, 05:39 PM

Yep, iReview appears to be all gone, with nary a whisper from Apple. I personally didn't use it, but I'm wondering how many disappointed people there will be who did. It was quite a good service, actually. Of course, we've all learned lately, that companies just can't keep doing stuff for free any more!

The site still isn't quite running correctly. When clicking on "email," it just refreshes the page. I am assuming that an email page is coming, since there is a link to it. . . .

Oh, yes, I can confirm the faster iDisk! VERY GOOD APPLE!!! This is wonderful. While I don't have any speed readings, my feeling is that it is 5 times faster or so. I was able to download the iTunes 1.1 updater in just over 10 seconds -- a few weeks ago, the iTunes 1.0 download took at least a minute, if not longer. Very, very good.

bleen
Senior User
Feb 22, 2001, 06:01 PM

I just checked, in addition I watched my iReview Sherlock selection disappear as it updated the selection extensions.

Forum Links
Forum Rules