Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > bizzare screen behavior and crash

bizzare screen behavior and crash
sylwester
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 21, 2004, 10:23 AM

I have a g4 imac that has recently gone under some repair for water damage. The logic board and the power supply had to be replaced. It worked fine for 3 days, and then I came back to see yellowish stripes filckering on the still visable screen and the computer was frozen. Numerous force restarts later, followed by different morray patterns of pinstripes and colors followed by kernal panick restart messages, I took it back to the shop. Of course it ran fine for them and they reccomended I clean up the hard drive as the osx partition was pretty damn full. Fair enough. Rebuilt the drive from the bottom up. it's been running fine for about 2 days, and this morning it has exhibitied some initial signs similar to those before the re-build. Does anyone recognize these symptoms? I should also mention that I tried to start up off of a cd with no luck durring the first episode. With an os 9 cd it would show the little mac with the same wonderful screen effects before freezing. I also reset the p-ram several times and unplugged all peripherals usb keyboard included.

f1000
Professional Poster
Apr 24, 2004, 05:01 PM

There might be some oxidation of contact points. Try reseating your RAM or CPU.

Forum Links
Forum Rules