Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > kvm switch

kvm switch
Spiky
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 29, 2006, 04:53 PM

hi
i was wondering if anyone could shed any light on a problem i have with the iogear kvm switch that i have bought (iogear miniview gcs632u).
i used the belkin one initially but oh my god what a pain, i decided to try the iogear one, but agian i am having problems. i have a mac mini running mac os x (not intel one) and a pc(xp home with sp2) which my girlfriend uses, as i am sure you know i want to use one monitor(mines a belinea 15"), but after having followed instructions i am unable to switch between computers, the switch stays on the first computer i connect it too, i am using a wireless mouse and keyboard(microsoft one not apple keyboard and mouse,it is in compatable list on iogear website) i have tried every thing in instruction booklet but i cant seem to activate an hot keys or switching keys as instructed in manual.
help please
karl

applesnapple
Mar 30, 2006, 11:42 PM

i think that wireless mouse/keyboard combos tend to have trouble with kvm switches in general. try calling iogear, because if it says specifically that it supports your keyboard/mouse, then they should have an explanation

Forum Links
Forum Rules