Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Heroes Season Premier

Heroes Season Premier (Page 7)
Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 27, 2007, 04:59 PM

I pretty much agree with you, Nodnarb, although I didn't hate the episode. It's clear from the trailer that before Peter can fire, Hiro blinks in behind him and holds the sword to this throat that way. It would have made sense for Hiro to mention that Adam is going to release the virus, but with Peter unfrozen and apparently on Adam's side Hiro would prefer to just get things over with quickly if possible. I found Mohinder's reaction to hearing from Sylar humorous, and I kind of hope Sylar kills Molly.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Nov 27, 2007, 05:07 PM

Ok so the only thing that can kill one of the people with healing power is to blow their heads off with a shotgun? That's pretty easy.

Nuclear bombs and other large explosions don't seem to cut it with the head blowing up part.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 27, 2007, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
Ok so the only thing that can kill one of the people with healing power is to blow their heads off with a shotgun? That's pretty easy.

Nuclear bombs and other large explosions don't seem to cut it with the head blowing up part.
I'm curious. What happens if you cut someone off right under the armpits. Will the body grow back? Apparently. How about right above the shoulders? Neck? Does the head have to be disintegrated?

And I know Claire can heal, but since when does she have super strength? Show me the 16 year old cheerleader capable of busting a car window with one punch.

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Nov 27, 2007, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
I'm curious. What happens if you cut someone off right under the armpits. Will the body grow back? Apparently. How about right above the shoulders? Neck? Does the head have to be disintegrated?

And I know Claire can heal, but since when does she have super strength? Show me the 16 year old cheerleader capable of busting a car window with one punch.
Maybe "the madder Claire gets, the stronger Claire gets"? "Why won't puny humans leave Claire alone?!" Her adrenaline was probably pumping because Elle helped cause HRG's death.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 27, 2007, 06:21 PM

Ok so the only thing that can kill one of the people with healing power is to blow their heads off with a shotgun?
It was shown twice last season that puncturing a certain spot in the back of the brain shuts off the healing power (thus how Claire and Peter died until the things were removed from their heads), so I guess a point-blank shotgun to the head would completely obliterate that part of the brain and prevent them from ever healing through the damage.

Oh, and on the general topic: I loved the last episode. I found Maya and Alejandro's behavior pretty much in line with how they've been all season (i.e. morons, with Maya being slightly evil). I like Sylar having an eager little pupil to teach in the art of creepy staring. I also liked the New Orleans crew's superheroism. What is Parkman doing now, though? Wasn't he looking for Pratt as well?
( Last edited by Chuckit; Nov 27, 2007 at 06:30 PM. )
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

:haripu:
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 27, 2007, 06:37 PM

I think that the last episode once again proved that Peter is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Neither is Hiro.

Neither are the writers obviously, when they introduced the new gunshots-to-the-head-kill-a-lot-better-than-nuclear-explosions-paradigm.

But whatever, the show lost me already at the last season finale. Don't get me wrong, I think it is still very good compared with most TV-shows, but I sometimes wonder what could have been, had the writers been given a little more time for each episode.
But I guess the view for the end-product as a whole (or even a work of art) gets lost in the day-to-day production process.
( Last edited by :haripu:; Nov 28, 2007 at 02:44 AM. )

Demonhood
Administrator
Nov 27, 2007, 07:01 PM

i think they're just trying to finish quickly with this story arc (volume) to get to the next one (if the strike ends soon).

jonasmac
Senior User
Nov 27, 2007, 07:02 PM

It's still the best night on TV right now, especially since "Heroes" follows "Chuck."

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 27, 2007, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by jonasmac View Post
It's still the best night on TV right now, especially since "Heroes" follows "Chuck."
Pushing Daisies + Gossip Girl FTW
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

jonasmac
Senior User
Nov 27, 2007, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Pushing Daisies + Gossip Girl FTW
Unfortunately, we don't get CW here....but Pushing Daisies is good stuff.

euchomai
Mac Elite
Nov 27, 2007, 11:32 PM

Chuck is the best show on TV... Heroes, this week, was really weak in my opinion. The Thanksgiving commercials really made this episode look much better than it was. Next week better be amazing!

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Nov 27, 2007, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by :haripu: View Post
I think that the last episode once again proved that Peter is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Neither is Hiero.
Peter isn't too bright but Hiero is a total idiot. Watching Hiero time travel is like watching a retarded kid at Disney land that got separated from the group.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2007, 12:45 AM

*Hiro

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Nov 28, 2007, 01:09 AM

I think Maya is the real virus. Thats the twist I'm betting on. She gets control of her powers, gets really pissed off when 1) Mohinder kills Sylar or 2) She finds out Sylar is really evil and hates life.

Peter is dumb. Seriously. Read people's minds for once to find out if they're telling the truth. Gee wiz.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2007, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
*Hiro
He's Canadian. They like to include extra vowels.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Brien
Professional Poster
Nov 28, 2007, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
I think Maya is the real virus. Thats the twist I'm betting on. She gets control of her powers, gets really pissed off when 1) Mohinder kills Sylar or 2) She finds out Sylar is really evil and hates life.

Peter is dumb. Seriously. Read people's minds for once to find out if they're telling the truth. Gee wiz.
That's what I'm thinking. They may well get the whole Hiro/Adam thing done with this volume, and spend volume three on the virus.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Nov 28, 2007, 10:47 AM

My thoughts about the whole head cutting off thing:

The brain takes care of all these little things we don't think about too often: breathing, heart rate, and the immune system. So if the brain thinks it's dead, or is actually not functioning (because it's been chopped off), the body isn't going to be able to respond to regrow something. I imagine that actually being destroyed by a nuclear weapon would not be something you can grow back from. I think the reason that Peter survived is because he was healing while he was 'going off'. (Think Wolverine at the end of X3, healing while Jean is tearing his body apart.) Either that or he and Ted had some built in protective mechanism because of their power.

On a totally unrelated note something just occurred to me. Both Clare and Adam's blood can be injected into someone else and heal them (although it's unclear how long that healing power lasts.) Can Peter do that too? What other abilities can be transferred through blood?
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Nov 28, 2007, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by SirCastor View Post
Either that or he and Ted had some built in protective mechanism because of their power.
I always figured Ted's power didn't hurt him. When he was blowing up at Claire's house he didn't seem to be hurt by it, nor any long term problems due to radiation. It would suck to have a power that harmed you.

Professional Poster
Nov 28, 2007, 04:10 PM

Even though I agree that the cliffhanger was idiotic at the last episode's end, no one seems to be remembering that peter is rediscovering his powers. He cannot mind read at will. In fact, his lightning was probably just reflexive.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 28, 2007, 04:13 PM

I don't know, he seemed to be able to do it pretty easily with that red head Company chick.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Professional Poster
Nov 28, 2007, 04:21 PM

do what? I don't think he used any power on he except for healing, which is automatic.

Lava Lamp Freak
Nov 28, 2007, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by jonasmac View Post
I love Chuck as well. I got to meet Zachary Levi a couple weeks ago and he is a very nice guy. He said he watches Chuck and Heroes every Monday. He is a big Heroes fan.

I was thinking the same thing. He had read the woman's mind, why not try reading Adam's to see if he is telling the truth.

I will be glad when this chapter is over. It took way to long to even get to the point of the story. From interviews I've read they are listening to fan's and will do better next chapter. Of course they said the same thing after the letdown of the 1st season finale.

Lava Lamp Freak
Nov 28, 2007, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
do what? I don't think he used any power on he except for healing, which is automatic.
He read her mind to know the location where the virus was being held in Texas.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Nov 28, 2007, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
Even though I agree that the cliffhanger was idiotic at the last episode's end, no one seems to be remembering that peter is rediscovering his powers. He cannot mind read at will. In fact, his lightning was probably just reflexive.
I was under the impression that he got all of his memories back. Thus how he knew who Hiro was when he showed up.

I find it rather... lame... that we even had several 'Peter discovering his power' eps this season. Wasn't that ALL of last season? Which is one of the reasons the show lost viewers.

This show is an action/ drama show. Where is the action? When will the fans get a super massive fight scene? When will professor X roll out from around the corner as assemble the new new emo x-men?

Cold Warrior
Nov 28, 2007, 09:53 PM

indeed. Peter got his memories back, he should have full command of his powers. Except that he doesn't. Which is the show's fault for being lame. Another let-down episode.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2007, 06:59 AM

I find it rather... lame... that we even had several 'Peter discovering his power' eps this season. Wasn't that ALL of last season? Which is one of the reasons the show lost viewers.
Again, I think they're doing the best they can. The character is basically all-powerful, so they have to manufacture ways to create drama for him, which is one of the reasons they made him a little dim-witted. As much as I like Peter, I still think they're going to have to kill him sooner rather than later. Simultaneous blows to the head for Peter and Adam?

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Rumor
Dec 4, 2007, 02:30 AM

The whole season felt extremely rushed. The characters weren't developed at much as they should have been and some of the endings were quite lame.

I hope next season proves to be more like the first.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

jonasmac
Senior User
Dec 4, 2007, 02:51 AM

I'm looking forward to this final episode. This season showed some promise....too bad they had to cut it short.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2007, 07:33 AM

Finally, Nikki gets the attention she deserves!

Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2007, 09:08 AM

Poor poor Adam. But such a nice way of dealing with him.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2007, 11:12 AM

I agree. The episode felt rushed. It felt exactly like they had to finish the season early and so they tied up their strings quickly.
That freaked me out what Hiro did to Adam. I have to say though that I imagine with enough determination Adam could get out of there. The guy can't die, and heals spontaneously. Enough scratching and he could get through that casket.

A bullet to the head will kill Adam? Really? A bullet to the head, yes. Being stabbed in the head with a metal shard or a large piece of glass, No. Chopping off his head I could understand, a bullet to the head though is lame.

I think we all know how this ends for Nikki. Someone finds her some random place where she's been living out some bizarre alternate personality...

Still waiting for that showdown between Peter and Sylar we didn't get to see in the future.
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 4, 2007, 11:30 AM

I found the finale pretty lame.

I expected more of it.

-t

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 4, 2007, 11:31 AM

I liked it.

Railroader
Banned
Dec 4, 2007, 03:43 PM

OK, Adam and Peter can die and not regenerate from a gun shot to the head, but Noah Bennett can? Seems like a mistake by the writers.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2007, 03:47 PM

They could survive a shot if they got Claire's blood afterward.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2007, 04:14 PM

I thought it was horribly predictable and cliché. I mean catching the falling glass virus vile just needed him yelling "noooooo" in slow mo. Hero jumping around in time and instead of killing anyone he stops to chat while holding a sword.

It was so rushed and corny I swore the secretary's finished writing it because of the strike.

Railroader
Banned
Dec 4, 2007, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
They could survive a shot if they got Claire's blood afterward.
What about Claire?

jonasmac
Senior User
Dec 4, 2007, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
OK, Adam and Peter can die and not regenerate from a gun shot to the head, but Noah Bennett can? Seems like a mistake by the writers.
\

Same thing I thought. Maybe Mrs. Petrelli lied to Parkman because she really wanted the virus to spread.

:haripu:
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 4, 2007, 05:35 PM

Let's take a look at what we have got now:

- Omnipotent beings (Peter, Syler)
- A way to bring anyone back from the dead (Claire's, Adam's, Peter's (?) blood)

That makes two dei ex machina.

- A paradigm not to change the status quo of the series (Endings season 1 & 2: Syler survives; people are being killed but constantly brought back from the dead (you wanna bet that we'll see NIcky again?); the knowledge about the special abilities will never, ever go public (a mystery shooting at the press conference - what a surprise. Wanna bet that we see Nathan again, btw?); a terrible threat is established in the future - it is dealt with in the most mundane way possible (Season 1: fistfight, Season 2: Peter destroys the virus as an afterthought) - nothing changes)
- Plot holes as far as the eye can see: powers are used in ways that contradict things that have been established before.

That makes poor writing ...

As a screenwriter I'd be worried by now that I have f*cked up big time.

Railroader
Banned
Dec 4, 2007, 06:20 PM

Exactly, just inject Nathan with Peter's blood and restart the press conference.

jonasmac
Senior User
Dec 4, 2007, 06:42 PM

Peter isn't smart enough to figure that out. Don't you know? In the superhero world, nobody ever dies. (Magneto, Superman, and the most famous....Jean Grey among countless others).

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2007, 06:58 PM

So you think Nathan's own mother has him assassinated?

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2007, 07:04 PM

So you think Nathan's own mother has him assassinated?
I think that Bob sent Noah to "deal" with it.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

Rumor
Dec 4, 2007, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
I think that Bob sent Noah to "deal" with it.
You can see the back of Noah's head as he leaves after shooting Nathan.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 4, 2007, 08:01 PM

It's actually not that hard. Seriously. Got the T.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2007, 08:19 PM

I'm sure it's not hard, just that if we were to try to do it, we would hesitate at the end, making it a lot weaker of a punch. she knows she can heal, so she goes for the big punch.

Cold Warrior
Dec 4, 2007, 08:26 PM

If her blood can heal, independently of the brain, shouldn't it stand to reason that, despite a blow to the brain, her blood would heal that wound as well, as long as there was enough energy in the cells to execute the heal?

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 4, 2007, 08:31 PM

So why was this season less than half of season 1? Last year, they had the break, then continued season one with like ~10 more episodes. But this is obviously the end, because they ended with END OF VOLUME 2 and VOLUME 3 (which was a kind of lame opening, Sylar shooting up the blood.) Duh, we knew he was going to do that, at least last years we got to see that Hiro went back to Japan and was about to be attacked. A little different.

This episode was just OK. It wasn't horrible, but I didn't feel like it had the same level of excitement that a Heroes episode should have (the finale, no less).

Just a minor thing that was really bugging me: with the black girl from New Orleans (sorry, can't remember her name...) it seems really strange that the "thugs" would find and empty warehouse, get massive amounts of gasoline, and burn down a whole place in broad daylight rather than just pop a bullet in her head and call it a day. And also, wasn't it nighttime when they found her, then daytime when she was tied to the bulding? So they waited an entire day just holding her (assuming they didn't do anything else) just to burn her the next day to "show her who she's messing with?" That seems to mafia-ish rather than what (I would imagine) people would do in an actual situation like that.

And one more: Does Bob have any powers? If so, what are they? Or does he have them and we just haven't been told. Cause there were a few times in this episode and others where Noah could have over powered him man-to-man. I just can't seem to remember why Bob is where he is and has so much power over people, cause I can't remember him having any specific power.
( Last edited by Nodnarb; Dec 4, 2007 at 08:38 PM. )

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2007, 08:42 PM

I didn't like it and agree that it was very rushed. I can understand why, but yet would rather have had a message at the end that said "to be continued. . . when the strike is over" than the ending they gave us.

I hope Nikki is gone for good, but I feel that she isn't because Mikah (spell?) and his cousin are still alive, therefore there is still a link to her. The only thing I can think of is that The Company 'adopts' the two kids and thus no need for Nikki to glue them to the story.
I wonder if Mikah is happy he got his comic books and medal back.

The whole killing a person then bringing them back to life has gotten really old. You lose the sense of fright when a character is killed knowing that they can just bring them back if they decide that they would prefer them to be alive.

I don't think Adam is gone for good unless asphyxiation is more powerful than a bullet to the head (which is also 'cheap'). If not, he has a long time to scratch his way through his grave. If it were me in that situation I'd be scratching my way out and healing my fingers. If he managed to get through the side of the coffin he'd have some heavy brass coffin handles to help him dig. I'm just saying that I don't think it's the last we've seen from him.
I don't like how Hiro was all for killing him and then has a change of heart. Hiro should've traveled to the very last minute of the universe, left Adam there, and then came back.

What happened to Peter's girlfriend? If by stopping the virus the future him and her travelled to (virus infected one) doesn't exist, so she just got blinked out of existence?

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 4, 2007, 08:42 PM

Oh, and I'm pissed the season ended without us knowing what ms. petrelli's powers are, and papa takamora. And I guess Bob's, if he does have them... and the other people in the picture, I figured we'd know all of them by season-end.

Forum Links
Forum Rules