Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Really Peculiar Display Problem!

Really Peculiar Display Problem!
ilash
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 20, 2000, 09:30 AM

When I click on the link for "About Mac Things" from the Mac Things main page,>http://macthings.8m.com/< it flashes the "About" page on the screen, just for a few seconds, and then transports me to a page that says, "File Not Found". However, if after I am transported to the "File Not Found" page, I hold down the browser "back" button, I then can view the "About" page. Is this problem due to a bug in IE5, or to bad html coding?

TheAdmiral
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 20, 2000, 12:05 PM

I just checked it out... mine does the same thing... looks like someone plugged in an accidental page forwarding element on that page.

------------------
-The Admiral
"Understanding is a three-edged sword." -Kosh, Babylon 5

Hello
May 8, 2000, 02:28 AM

Mac Things has posted a new Front-Page and it's awsome, it works great with IE 5, http://www.macthings.net

jimmyg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 12, 2000, 03:19 AM

That site has some pretty bad HTML...uses a lot of JavaScript to generate the page on the fly.

Jimmy
MacIE Team

Forum Links
Forum Rules