Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > using my palm 505 with my new Ti

using my palm 505 with my new Ti
cgu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 31, 2003, 01:45 PM

Could someone please tell me exactly what I need to do in order to use my palm 505 with my new laptop. Do I need to install my palm 4.0 software and am I best to use the palm desktop software as I do on my PC or should/could I use it with Entourage? Also, is the palm connected in any way to ical and the address book that sits on my dock?

Thanks for all your help.

Mac-iek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2003, 03:54 AM

Do I need to install my palm 4.0 software and am I best to use the palm desktop software as I do on my PC or should/could I use it with Entourage?
Yes, you have to install software. Go to www.palm.com and download the software for Mac.

Also, is the palm connected in any way to ical and the address book that sits on my dock?
Yes, it is. You will have to download (free) iSync from www.apple.com page.

I use m505 with TiBook running OS10.2.6. The only drawback is that there is no Avantgo for MacOSX (yet?).

Good luck,
Mac-iek

mmurray
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 1, 2003, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by Mac-iek:
The only drawback is that there is no Avantgo for MacOSX (yet?).

Good luck,
Mac-iek
You should try putting the Palm on the net using internet sharing. It works fine for me although a little fiddly. Once your Palm is on the net you can connect directly to Avantgo's servers.

See

http://discussion.brighthand.com/pal...threadid=32094

for details

Michael

Forum Links
Forum Rules