Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > installing os 9.1 on new powerbooks

installing os 9.1 on new powerbooks
fireside
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2004, 03:22 PM

i need help installing os 9.1 on my new powerbook. i got the powerbook from my brother who didn't give me the cds and box with everything so i can't use those cds. i downloaded OS 9.1, (give me a break, i paid 120$ for panther so i think i should have gotten os 9 for it) and i cant start up from the cd and i cant launch classic from it. is there anyway to get it to start up, or am i hopeless?

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2004, 09:36 PM

New as in an AlPB?
You don't need to instal OS 9 on it, it comes with classic support built in.

But if its an older PB that is new to you that does support booting into 9 then you need a retail CD or the one that came with the laptop. If you downloaded 9.1 update from apple then that is just an update. If you downloaded an OS 9 image from somewhere then the problem is with the image and how you are burning it to CD. Beyond that you are going to have to look for the answers from someplace that doesn't bar discussion of pirated software.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

fireside  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2004, 10:27 PM

yes new as in AiBook. but the problem is that i wiped the drive clean so i guess i'm SOL.

lookmark
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 01:15 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules