Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Resetting A Current-Gen iPod nano

Resetting A Current-Gen iPod nano
Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2008, 06:51 PM

I have a friend with an iPod nano but not much of a music library, so he uses mine. he gives it to me, I sync it with what he wants, I in turn get to use it that day and other times.

But I've been wanting to reset it and update it so its definitely only synced with mine and is a Macintosh formatted iPod, because he originally synced it with his.

I can re-add everything except the games that came with it, which I don't have. Will those still be there if I reset it? Can I somehow copy them to my hard drive and then do the reset?
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

garretwd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 16, 2008, 08:59 PM

From my understanding, Games are one of the most difficult types of content to keep on your iPod. The only way to get them from your computer to your iPod is to sync them. i haven't found them in the iPod's HD, though i haven't looked very hard, and its not easy to find anything with the reveal hidden folders trick in Terminal...

Mac User #001  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2008, 10:41 PM

Yea, I haven't found them manually, and I don't know the Terminal trick. I would hate to update his iPod only to have the games disappear.
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

Forum Links
Forum Rules