Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > How to make an MP3 disk using iTunes?

How to make an MP3 disk using iTunes?
Trapper
Forum Regular
Jan 2, 2003, 09:48 PM

I made an MP3 disk using iTunes to play in my new DVD player that I got for Christmas. Unfortunately, I ran onto problems. It seems that iTunes put each song into a seperate folder based on the artist and the album. This is a problem because my DVD player won't shuffle tunes (play them in random order) across folders - only within folders. It appears that my only solution is to burn the CD with all of the songs in one folder. How do I do that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Travis

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2003, 09:09 AM

Have you tried doing it like you would a data CD? Instead of using iTunes, drag the songs you want onto the CD icon in the Finder. Make sure to select ISO9600 (or iTunes/MP3 CD, I can't remember.) Just make sure the disc isn't HFS (Mac native.)

Brad

sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2003, 11:48 AM

if you want to get all your mp3s in your itunes dir without copying each by hand then remeber you can always search for em then drag the whole list across

Forum Links
Forum Rules